Chapter One: Stupid Arranged Marriage

Scowling, that's what I'm doing. Scowling with such anger at the sheet of paper in my hands I wouldn't be surprised if it burned to ash -that would be the perfect thing to end my new worry. My fathers signature stood out in bold black ink and I only narrowed my eyes at it. Thanks a lot dad!

I hate this!

I friggin hate whoever invented such a tradition.

I looked up from the piece of paper only to lock my eyes straight with my mother who was sitting across the room her hands folded nearly in her lap. I set the paper down folding my hands against my chest.

'Im not doing this.' I replied calmly looking dead serious as I looked at my mother. Hopefully she got the point and dropped this whole subject.

......Unfortunately she didn't.

'Lexi, don't you dare start again.' She said taking a casual sip from her cup of tea. 'You know clearly this was your fathers wish.'

'Mum are you serious!!!!' I shouted and she didn't even flinch. Screw her! 'Im not getting an arranged marriages to some stranger! Hell I'm only 19, I'm still a freaking teenager!!!'

Yeah you heard right. Arranged marriage: the thing where two strangers who clearly have no idea about the other are forced to get married in holy matrimony.

Screw this shit.

"Your 20."

"yeah in a months time.' I scoffed 'I've already told you before I. Am. Not. Getting. Married. To. Him!" I said breaking the words up so that she would get it through.

....but like before she didn't.

"Lexi, I don't care what you say. You know very well that this is what your father intended. This marriage has already been planned between our family and the Malik's." She said in a businessy tone that just made me scoff even more. "The least you can do is accept this and fulfil your fathers wishes."

I fell back against the couch and rubbed at my temples, no 19-year-old-girl should go through shit like this. I was 19 for crying out loud, I had a whole life planned out for me I couldn't just get married now -especially to some stranger!

I repeat I want to beat whoever invented the idea of arranged marriages.

"This was your fathers wish!" My mothers tone mimicked in my head. Fathers wish my arse!

Yes this was my fathers wish -a very stupid wish. I mean no father would want his daughter to get married to anyone at such a young age, especially if it was a stranger.

I know dad was very good friends with the Malik's when they were in their teens but that doesn't give him any excuse to marry me off to their son! The son that he had only coached in soccer for two years.

Honestly what were you thinking dad!!!!!

Your stupid for agreeing to this stupid deal, this whole thing is stupid, stupid and I intend on it being stupid for the rest of my life.

I mean who WANTS to waste their money on a wedding that is going to turn out into nothing but a mess? Does my father WANT to send his daughter to....a perverted hairy freak? Does he HAVE any effing common sense when he agreed to the stupid deal?

Yeah I know what your thinking "jeez this girls got anger management!" But frankly I'm assuming you wouldn't be too happy about it either -that is if you were in my shoes.

"Mum, please just think this through." I pleaded, hell I would even get down on my knees and kiss her feet just so she'd turn down this arranged marriage thing. "What.....what if he's a rapist or he starts abusing me and then when he's done with me he buries me alive....." I trailed of.