kick kick kick

"Argh God Zayn what were you even thinking!" I exclaimed throwing my purse on the bed and raking my fingers through my hair. Zayn sat on our bed and didn't say anything as he placed a bag of frozen peas on his swollen cheek. It was looking pretty red and I knew the next day it would turn into a nasty purple bruise. I sighed running a hand down my face "I wish you had just let me help."

"How exactly?" Zayn said holding my gaze "you're seven months pregnant and I wouldn't let them get their hands on you."

"Whatever." I turned around giving him a great view of my ugly back. I was still mad, so what if I was seven months pregnant I could have done something! i had pepper spray in my bag I could have brought both of them down. I hated how Zayn always had to get the bigger man and face ever crisis on his own, it annoyed me that he was never looking out for help.

It just annoyed me even more because what would happen if I wasn't in that car, if there was no one to turn on the lights and horn the way I did. How would he even survive?

"Look Lex I don't want to fight with you, especially since this is the last—" he quickly stopped and I turned around whilst taking off my earrings.

"...last what?" I asked curiously. I was starting to think he knew about my plan, I mean what else could he mean and he's always going on about our future....

"I mean this is the last time we'll ever be in a fight." i frowned that didn't seem too right. Zayn sighed and threw the bag of peas on the bedside table ripping off his shirt. "I'm really tired so I'm going to go to bed, okay." He said walking over to kiss me. He paused when he realised what he had done but then turned his back on me and got into bed. We only ever kissed when we were about to begin one of our 'arrangements' not just like this....

~~*~~~

The next morning

The sun was still streaming down on my side of the bed making my back extremely hot. I felt around for the button by the bedside table trying to close the blinds and block out the stupid sun. I finally heard the blinds come down to a stop. Then turning around in bed I laid on my back staring up at the ceiling.

Today was my last day in this house.

The last time I would sleep in this bed, the last time I would be in this house. It was the perfect house and i remember when we first came here Zayn had been constructing this behind my back and gave me a great surprise. That was a good time and I sure as hell would miss this place.

I had always wanted to let our kids grow up in this place and do the typical family thing by painting their walls their favourite colour or having a white picket fence around the perimeter for the house. But fate works in funny ways...

I glanced over at Zayn who was still sleeping, the bruise on his face had turned a much darker purple and I knew that if he ever even touched it would hurt. I was really leaving him, this would be the last morning I would ever wake up to see his face. It hurt to know I would be parting ways with him but I really hope that the decision I made was the right decision and would benefit both of us. Zayn wasn't ready for this life, he wasn't ready for this commitment and i wouldn't tie him down to it.

Lexi....you are doing the right thing. I said to myself.

Everything happens for a reason.

"You're awake." Zayn said and I glanced at him to see his hazy eyes as he rubbed them. He took in a deep breath and scooted beside me. His hand wrapped around my waist touching the bottom of my belly "Look I know last night ended on a bad note but I really want to start this morning in a good way." I smiled as His hands rubbed my belly before he leaned down to kiss me.