Maybe it's just the baby?

"You know you really don't have to come with me." I said sitting down on the hospital chairs and pulling my handbag so that it sat on my lap. Zayn took a seat next to me, his arm automatically going to the back of my chair.

"I want to." he said pulling out his phone "Besides the Doctor asked me to come."

I turned my head to look at him "she asked you to come?" Zayn nodded. Argh why would she do that? I didn't want Zayn to get worried about this baby, especially since it wasn't kicking. I had read somewhere that during the first time the baby doesn't really begin to kick till later on. So hopefully the baby would start to kick later.

"Mrs Malik." A nurse walked out, her eyes searching the crowd. I stood up, Zayn followed and together we were lead into one of those rooms. When we entered the doctor was already in there, seating on the chair and flicking through her computer.

"Ah Lexi, its nice to see you again." The doctor said letting me take a seat. "How's the baby doing?"

"Hopefully good." I said leaning back in the chair, Zayn stood to one side leaning against the side of the wall. He remained silent as the doctor took out a slimy substance and set up the ultrasound. I could feel his eyes on me as I lifted my shirt up exposing my belly. It was getting bigger and Zayn could clearly see that cause I could hear him suck in a deep breath. I don't think Zayn had ever seen my belly. I had always worn the biggest shirts and the baggiest clothes. I didn't do it on purpose its just that I didn't want to exaggerate the fact that I was pregnant, I don't think that it had fully hit me until I actually gave birth.

She placed the oozing substance on my belly making me shiver. My eyes flickered to the screen and seconds later a picture appeared, just like the one I had a few weeks ago only now it was bigger and more formed. I could see a head, hands and legs.

"Okay, now we'll just hear for a heart beat." I glanced at Zayn who was looking intriguingly at the screen. He couldn't take his eyes off and looked extremely fascinated by everything that was going on. The way we were able to look at the baby from every angle. The way it was position, curled up and almost like it was playing with the umbilical cord. The baby was moving, a little bit, but not enough to the point where it was kicking the boundaries of the uterus was.

Then we listened for the heartbeat, it took a while at first and I started to panic if there was no heartbeat, just like my first pregnancy. Luckily we could hear the loud thudding of a steady heartbeat.

Once the appointment was over, the nurse had tidied my belly up and I couldn't be more than happy to pull down my shirt. Being this pregnant had made me weary of my appearance as I seemed to have stretch marks across the bottom of my belly. I didn't want anyone to see that.

"Um...Zayn could I speak to you." The doctor said to Zayn. Zayn looked back at me and I nodded, leaving the room. As i shut the door behind I started freaking out if everything was okay. i didn't know exactly what was going on and I really hoped the baby was okay. Was it something so serious that they couldn't tell me? Was it really that bad that they thought I'd freak out or something? Cause I'm freaking out right now!!

He took five minutes till he came out, but it seriously felt like 5 freaking hours. How long does it take, was the problem that big? Was I going to lose the baby?

Zayn finally walked out and I jumped out of my seat. He looked deep in thought, his mind else where as if he was thinking really hard on how to phrase everything. But then his eyes caught with mine.

"Zayn, whats wrong? What did the doctor say?" I asked my hand touching his shoulder.

Zayn's hand touched my forearm as he guided me to the seats. If I needed to sit down then it really must be bad. I started mentally praying in my head, hoping that everything would be fine. I didn't want to lose this baby, I don't know if I could live myself.