secrets out

Lexi's POV:

As soon as we got home Zayn had taken me straight to bed, I didn't really realise how tired I was until I laid my head on the pillow. I slept for a good 6 hours and woke up in Zayn's shirt with my head resting on his chest. I listened to him breathe, taking a deep breath in then a deep breath out.

As I finally adjusted to the dark room I started remembering what happened today. We both sat down at the table like civilised people and had lunch. This lunch could have played out any way, it could have been tears and anger. I hate to say it but....it was actually pretty good. I enjoyed spending time with him....away from the bed. I enjoyed listening to his day and laughing at his stupid jokes.

And that scared me! There was a big part of me that didn't want to leave Zayn's side, there was a big part that didn't want him to leave me to meet Nickle's. I guess as time progressed I was starting to see Zayn as a friend rather than an acquaintance. Having a decent lunch with him now made me blur out the idea of marriage and our past relationship and just saw him for him.

It was like I suddenly had this new obsession with him, like he was my high school crush. But then at the same time I didn't know if I was spending time with him for the right reasons. It was complicated to explain but I felt like as the days passed I almost felt...guilty.

In the next two months I'd be dropping him like a fly and fleeing to the next city. He had no idea what was coming his way and he had no way of knowing. I just didn't want to think about what would happen to him once I left and I felt like I owed all this to him as a way of saying...sorry?

I know I seemed like a horrible person, I was a horrible person. But wouldn't you do the same thing if you were in my position?

And I felt even more horrible when he came to the graveyard. I never expected him to do that and yet it was such a caring move that i hated myself for what I'd do next.

"Hey, you're awake." Zayn murmured, his hand moving up to brush the strands of hair away form my face.

"Yeah." I said pushing myself up in bed. I felt the room spin slightly but blinking twice my gaze seemed to settle on one figure. Zayn. "How was your meeting with Nickles?"

"Uhhh.." Zayn mumbled scratching the back of his head "...I didn't go for it."

Now it was my turn to be surprised "What?!" I exclaimed sitting up "Why not?!"

"I.....I realised there's more important things than business." I kept quiet for a second not knowing what I was suppose to say. 'more important things than business?' what does that mean?

"Wait." I said bringing a hand up to my head "What made you drop it?"

"You." Zayn said, his brown orbs staring into mine, it made my skin tingle and I hated that feeling but loved it at the same time. "I saw you crying and I...."

I looked away trying to get out of the bed but Zayn caught my hand. This was bad, this was so bad. It was bad because he's getting too attached despite our arrangement but it was even worse because I was....happy that he choose me over Nickles. Realising that he valued my emotional state and my happiness made me overjoyed to the point I only wanted to kiss him.

But then at the same time I didn't know how long this Zayn would last, And if Zayn's attitude was a temporary thing then later he'd blame me for it.

"You just ruined your career!" I said glancing back at him. And it was all my fault, I should have waited for him to leave then made a move to the graveyard, I should have tried to hide myself, I don't know I should have not even gone for the lunch.