chapter 23

A week later....

The tip of my nose pressed against the base of his throat, a mixture of spice and just Zayn aroma drifted towards me. I could feel myself sink lower and lower into his comfortable embrace. Zayn glanced at me placing the book down.

His hands skimmed the exposed skin of my belly making me suck in a deep and shaky breath. They curved over my now exaggerated curves until the rested on the small of my back. He leaned down and lightly pressed his lips to mine to the point I hardly even felt it. Then as fast as his skin touched mine he left me turning his attention to the book he was reading.

I frowned at clearly not liking that I had to compete against a book for my husbands attention. Zayn seems completely oblivious to my attention as if he is almost consumed by the book. i swear any moment now he'd fall start into the pages.

His head leaned against the couch resting the book sits comfortably in his hands. He let out a low chuckle and points at a position in the book glancing over at me. "do you know that male sea horses can also get pregnant?" he says his eyes flicking back to the book.

I sit higher in my seat and move closer to Zayn looking over his shoulder. For the past week since I found out I was pregnant Zayn was true to his word and completely obsessed with me- well the baby. He had ordered pregnancy books that the librarian was starting to think that he was the one pregnant instead of me.

After a while of glancing at pregnancy facts I was starting to get bored. I had enough of pregnancy shit this past whole week- Megan had bombarded me with her own experiences being pregnant, the layers upon layers of facts she threw at me and the minutes upon minutes of time I spent doing the house work because apparently that "helped" with labour.

Apart from Megan and Derek it was safe to say that nobody else knew about the pregnancy and i was planning on keeping it that way. It's not that I was afraid of telling them I just wasn't ready to be bombarded with the whole pregnancy rituals and traditions or just past experiences of mothers. After all this was the first grandchild on both mine and Zayns side, it was highly likely there would be celebration.

I also didn't want to tell everyone everything yet because I was still in my early weeks of pregnancy and at this stage it was highly likely I could get a miscarriage- even though I didn't want to think about the risk. I knew Zayn was itching and yearning to tell his parents- to him it felt like a superior act and just boosted up his proud manly figure to announce that he would be a father but at the same time I was afraid to approach Tricia with the situation. I was scared she'd direct a nasty comment to my child and I'm not sure I could deal with it. It was bad enough that she offended me with her comments but to direct that to my child was just crossing the line. I didn't know if Zayn realised but if he did he hardly showed it.

I laid back down on the couch stretching like a cat as I felt sleep crawl on my skin. It was a sunday afternoon which meant it was the perfect time to take a short afternoon nap.

"stop doing that." said Zayn not even glancing up from his gaze on the book.

Confused I lifted my head higher trying to catch glimpse of him. "doing what?" I curiously asked.

Zayn set the book down and looked at me. His eyes held hunger enough to turn me on. "arousing me." he simply said, yet he said those with the same hunger his eyes held, they burned into me almost setting me on fire- not literally though.

I could feel a smirk stretched across my face, I slyly slipped my leg under his arm so that it eventually laid across his lap. "well I wasn't before but....." I trailed of my toes slipping the under the hem of his shirt till I could feel his smooth yet rough skin beneath.".....but I am now."