Intro//

Hi! My name is Amber Murphy, I'm I am 22 years old living in Washington, DC. I lived here almost all of my life. I lived also lived in LA when I was to born to when I was about 3 years old. That's when I moved to Washington DC since my dad got traded there.
When I say traded, I mean that's his job. My dad is Larry Murphy. He played in the NHL so he played for a few different teams in his career but now he works for the NHL network. His last team was the capitals so we decided to stay here and I'm glad we did. I love it here. I grew up at the Verizon center and I met so many superstars that came into that building. I am very blessed. I am a huge capitals fan. I was back then when my dad played and I still am until this day. I go to every singe home game.

I am very close to all the players. They're all like brothers to me. It's sweet to know that you have 30 guys to back you up when your in trouble or when someone's messing with you. It's not sweet when you find a guy that you like. It's hard enough to talk to your dad about it and get his approval, you have to get the whole teams approval...
It's not that great either when you first started talking to a guy on the team. We kept it a secret for a few months then we decided to tell the whole team. They were shocked and some approved, some didn't. My dad didn't mind though, he loves him.
My boyfriend is Tom Wilson. He's #43 on the Washington Capitals, a right winger. We've been dating for two years now and it's going great. We barely had any problems in this relationship so it's been going smooth and perfect. He's perfect. But I'm not.
How does he love me? He can have a model, or anyone. I think to myself does he still love me and why? It's tough. I see girls all over him because he's a NHL player and it bothers me. But I do trust Tom, I do. I'm the girl who's not there for his money or for his looks. I love him as a person. We were friends for a while before we started dating. I didn't brag that I was even his friend, that's one reason he likes me. I'm not a gold digger or anything. It's sad that some girls are.
Just like my 15 year old step sister.

My mom passed away when I was 10 years old. Hockey got me through the toughest of times. My older brother, Larry, and I played non stop. We never came home. We always were at the rink or the froze over pond in town. That's the only way we knew how to be happy. My dad was becoming abusive verbally and throwing us around because he didn't know how to handle the household when mom wasn't around. My brother and I knew why he was like that. He apologized every time he said something. It made me have a breakdown some days too to see him like that.
Larry, my brother passed away in a car accident just last year. On our 21st birthday. Yes, we are twins. Well were.. that's what makes it even harder. We went through all of this stuff in life together and he left me and had me deal with it by myself. Larry, his friends, my friends and I all went out on our birthday to our birthday party that was thrown by our friends. We started drinking of course since it was our 21st birthday. I was tired after we danced, drank, ate, and had the cake and everything so my bestfriend and I went back to my house to go to bed around 1 am. My brother never came home. My friend and I woke up to the knock at the door. It was the police they told us everything. My brother was drinking and driving. And dead.
Now my mother and brother is gone. I will never see them again. All it is now is my dad and I. Cherish it. That's all we have is each other.
My brother was going to be in the NHL draft this year. I never wanted to play hockey again because that was our thing but he would've wanted me to.

Anyways, my dad got married a few months ago. Her name is Liz. She has one daughter named Sarah. Liz is trying to be my second mother but she will never take that mother spot. Sarah, I don't like her at all. She is a gold digger. She knows my dad still has money from his NHL career and now he does have another job so she's always asking for money. I took her to a hockey game once to be nice. Never again. All she does is say how hot each guy is and flirt with the prospects for the caps. I'm tired of her. I'm so glad I'll be moving out in the next year.