Part 22//

I wake up to a beautiful, sunny but cold march Friday morning. I smelt bacon all the way upstairs, that's exactly what woke me.
Toms at practice so it must've been Jan, his mom.

"Well this smells amazing" I say while going to grab a cup for my coffee.
I grab my favorite Starbucks coffee that's in the k-cup. The Keurig is the best thing that ever happened to me. It makes it all by itself. Takes about 1 minute. It's awesome.
"Thank you sweetie. I made this every morning for Tom when he was a kid. It's not just any bacon. Tom said he couldn't eat this before practice but to save him some. I didn't want it to get nasty so by the time it gets done, he should be home." She tells me.
I look at the time to see when he should be getting home. It's 9:27. Practice usually gets done at 9:30 but he doesn't get here until 10.
"Oh okay, well I can't wait to try some. I'm going to go get ready" I tell Jan picking up my cup and taking it with me.

I decide to get a quick shower, just to wash my body but not my hair.
After my shower, I dry off, and get dressed into what I'll be wearing for the day. A pair of black high wasted leggings, a white crop top tank top with a red and black flannel over it. To top it off, I put on light makeup, my usual, then put my hair into a messy side braid.
While I brush my teeth, I scroll through my Instagram, twitter, and Snapchat.
Before I go downstairs, I go in the closet to find the perfect shoes to go with my outfit.
"Ah here they are" I say to myself. I drag out my black ankle high boots with a little heel on the bottom and fringe on the side. It looks like a cowgirl boot, but it's not.

I go down stairs to hear what it sounds like 10 people talking. There's only 4 but it sounds like 10 because they all talk over each other. It is Tom, who's back from practice, Lauren, Toms mom, and André who's been here everyday since we've moved.
"You look hot" Lauren said as I walked down the steps.
"Like everyday" Tom agrees.
"I didn't even try today guys, but thank ya, thank ya." I say as I bow jokingly.
I introduce Jan to Lauren since they never met before then we all sit down to finish breakfast and just talk.

"You know we moved to get away from you right?" I joke to André.
"Ha, ha. Very funny amber. I miss you guys and I bet you two both miss seeing me and hanging out everyday. This place is only 10 minutes from the apartment without traffic so.." he trails on.
"We haven't got the chance to miss you yet!" I yell.
Everyone starts to laugh. "Yeah, good point. But never know what will happen to me so you better love to see this beautiful face when you can. I still can't practice yet for another 2 weeks then I'll be in no contact for a few practices til I feel better then I'll be back on the ice in the month" he explains referring to his injury.
"That means you should be home relaxing, not bothering me" I say.
André is always face timing me, texting me, and coming over because he has nothing to occupy himself with so he comes and bothers me.

A little while later, TJ came over to play NHL on the Xbox with André and Tom while Lauren, Jan, and I was going to get prepped up with a massage, a facial, and to get our nails done. Later on, we were all going to meet up and get some lunch.

Spa

It was around 1 o'clock when we got to the salon/spa. It was just us three girls. I got my finger and toe nails done while Lauren got her fingernails and hair done, and Jan got her fingernails and makeup done. "I love this spa so much." Lauren says. "This is the first time I've been here of course but it is very nice. They do a very great job with everything, nails, makeup, and hair." She says. I but in. "Jan, I think she's talking about the free wine" we all laugh. Even the nail lady.
In the middle of trying to find my credit card, my phone goes off. It sounds like a FaceTime call. I wasn't going to answer but I decided to. It was Tom.
When I answered, the camera came up and it was gray.
"Hey grayse" I say talking to in my baby voice.
Lauren hears me and runs over. "Hey baby. Mommy will see you soon" she says then goes back to finish paying.
"Tommmm" I whine in to the phone for him to listen to me. His face finally pops up.
"Hey babe. TJ and Andre went to go to TJ's real fast to grab another controller and a few more games so all 3 of us can play. He left me to watch gray to get used to being a dad" he explains showing gray who's sitting on his lap.
Lauren's hears the whole conversation and yells at him. But in a funny jokingly way.
"Don't start a game. You guys aren't teenagers anymore. Quit playing them games. And I know how you boys are. Once you start you'll keep playing. I told you to leave for the restaurant at 2:30 and look what time it is. 2:35 and looks like you aren't ready. We are. We're leaving now and only like 5 minutes away. Leave before I have to call TJ and bitch at him. Hell listen to me!" I explain it all to Tom.

It was so awesome seeing him interact with Grayson and whenever he sees young fans. That's who he does it for are them. He had this very special bond with this young boy named john. He's 6 years old and has a rare form of brain cancer. You can overcome it with lots and lots of treatments but it's hard to. Very hard. I don't know who else is braver than him and more tough. I cannot name one person. Tom visits him every week or even two or three times. His parents are divorced and they barely have money. The hospital helps with some payments of treatment but not a lot so we started a charity to help him and Tom even pays for some of his medicine.
I know when we have our little one come into this world, he'll be the best father to him or her ever.

Dinner
((Skipping over because they just ate, drank, and talked like normal friends and family do at a dinner))

((The game against Montreal is tomorrow (Saturday) and then Toms mother will be leaving on the Wednesday but I'll just be skipping all of that until the last day she's in town so I won't bore you with irrelevant chapters!))