Part 36//

Toms POV still

The doctors appointment was today to give birth to our first child, first son, our first life we were bringing in the world. It was going to be a life he'd never live.
These passed days are not the best days of my life. First I got hurt which hurt my career, Washington lost against the Penguins so we won't be winning the Stanley cup, and most of all, I lost my first son. That could compare to nothing.
Amber had lost the three most important people. Her brother, mother, and now her son who she won't get to live days with. I have to be strong for more than one person it feels like.

The appointment was scheduled for 10am but we were there early just incase they needed something from us.
While we were sitting in the waiting room, amber speaks for the first time today.
"Babe" she takes a deep breath. " I'm ready to announce it on your social media. I won't be getting on for a while but I think you should do it. His do date is in a week and people will start wondering. I just want to do it now please" she tells me. I give her a look.
"Are you sure babe? You want to?" I ask making sure this was the right idea and seeing if she really wanted to.
She shakes her head. "Yes now do it before I never want to. We have to eventually. I'd just rather do it now"

I get a photo of the sonogram when we found out she was pregnant and I post it to Instagram with a caption that read:
"To all the people in my life and to everyone who's reading this... this message comes from my wife and I. I just want to get to the point. I really don't know what to say so here I go.
Yesterday my wife found out that we had a miscarriage with our first son. His name would've been Tom Easton Wilson. He would've been the next riding star taking my place for the capitals. I couldn't wait for him to come in this world so I can teach him how to play hockey. I couldn't wait to have a daughter close to his age so I can teach him how to take care of the girls in the house but that won't happen. This miscarriage happened only a few weeks before his due date. Everyday that I'm at home, I have to stare at the baby room, crib, toys, and all the other stuff for him.
We ask for us to have some privacy for a few days, no interviews or anything. We would just like some time alone and ask for everyone to be theirselves and not act different around us.
Right now, we are sitting in the hospital room waiting to see our precious little angel come and then leave us but he won't leave really. At least mommy knows she's going to be protected. He'll also be up in heaven with grandma and his uncle who will be teaching him hockey up there.
Thank you everyone for being here for us throughout this pregnancy.
Everything happens for a reason.
Mommy&Daddy loves you little angel. See you later"

She starts to read it and then her name gets called to get prepped for our child to be birthed.

"I'm very sorry for your loss. Please put this on and lay down on the bed please. I'll be back in a couple minutes" the nurse says.
"Um, amber, can you tell me if you're getting a natural or c-section birth?" I ask.
"C section. I think it'll be better do you?" She tells me.
"I want you to do what you want but I heard it's way more risk for the mother. I even asked the nurse and she agrees. I just don't want anything to happen to you. I don't want to lose you amber. I love you. I won't leave you so you better not leave me. It's up to you but I'd rather have you do a natural birth babe. It'll be okay all in the end." I tell her my opinion.
The nurse knows she's thinking so she just stands there and finally speaks up.
"Do we know what we want to do yet? It's going to be okay but your husband is right. It's your choice to do what you feel comfortable doing. I know this is very hard."
"Natural" is all amber says. She looks at me. " I love you"

The doctor comes in shortly. It's not dr.angeles. Amber requested for a different one because she still does blame her even though it's not her fault. Amber still blames her self too.