Part 16//

I wake up before Tom does and I just lay in bed checking my phone. I just can't stop thinking about when I'm going to tell Tom.
I decide to call Lauren so I quietly get out of bed and go into the living room.
It's 9:30 and their first practice since break is today so he should be getting up in a little. They have a game on Sunday so they have to get back to the grind.

"Hey" Lauren answers the phone too happy.
"Lauren. It's way too early to be like this" I say since she's acting way too perky right now.
"Sorry" she laughs. "I'm glad you called. I wanted to see how you are feeling and when are you going to tell Tom" she asks.
"Its okay I guess it's never too early to be happy and perky. But I've been better still feel the same I guess I'm good. I'm pretty sure I'm going to tell him when he gets home from practice because I don't want to ruin his game" I say quietly so Tom doesn't hear me in the other room.
"Where are you keeping the test you took? If he finds that, everything will turn bad because he'll be mad about you not the one telling him." She says.
It's true but I'm smart.
"It's at Andrés. I told him about it and I hid it in the guest room where no one goes and plus I knew Tom wouldn't go over there anytime soon." I tell Lauren.
"Oh okay. I'm just making sure. Gray, my mom and I are going to watch their practice. Would you like to join us?" She asks.
"Thanks for the offer but no I think I'm just going to stay here and relax until he gets home then be prepared to tell him. Should I just come out and do it or write in on pancakes like I did with you to be my maid of honor" I ask and she laughs at the last part. I really wasn't joking about that but she took it that way.
"Just come out and tell him babe. It's all going to be okay. Ill call you later okay?"
"Bye. Thank you girlfriend" I say.
"Love you. Bye" she says and we both hang up.

"Who was that?" I hear Tom ask. I get frightened that he hear me.
"Oh geez. You scared me. It was Lauren" I tell him the truth.
"Oh okay. Well I'm going to go get my clothes and bag then head out. I'm going to stop at tim Hortons on the way back. Do you want anything?" He asks.
"No I'm good. Thanks though. I still don't feel the greatest so I'm probably still going to be in bed when you get back." I tell him.
He gives me a hug and a kiss on the forehead and goes to get his stuff.
I take Bauer and go to the room.

After practice

I hear the door open and bags fall to the ground. I wake up because I was sleeping.
"Hey. I didn't stop at Tims I wanted to come here"
I smile at him and scoot over so he can lay down with me.
"You know I stink babe" he laughs.
"Yeah, I know but I wanna tell you something" I say taking a deep breath.
"Oh okay. I wanna ask you something too" he says emphasizing 'ask'.
"Go first." I say quick. "And don't argue with me say what you have to first" I laugh.
"Okay... so... I was wondering, if you would like to get out of this apartment and move into a new house. I've been house hunting and there's one down the street from TJ and Lauren so you get to spend time with her and I can see TJ. Also we're going to be husband and wife soon and if we want to start a family sometime this apartment isn't good enough. I mean yeah, it's a decent size but I would love to build our life in a house." He says.
"I think that's a good idea. I love this apartment but I do think it would be time to move into a house. I'll miss Andrés annoying ass but we have Bauer and especially if we have kids then we wouldn't have to hurry and move. Another plus is you just got signed 4 more years so we'll be set and good in D.C. Alright, my turn to tell you what I have to tell you" I tell him how I feel about the house. Now it's time to tell him.
My heart is pounding, I'm breathing heavy, and tears are forming. I really do want to start a family with Tom but are we ready. Is he going to be mad or not happy with me anymore?
"Ugh alright-" I say with a heavy breath at the end.
"Babe. Why did your mood change all of a sudden? What's wrong? Everything okay?" He asks all panicked.
"Yes. Everything is fine. I'm just nervous to tell you. It's nothing bad I promise I just don't know how it'll be after I tell you" I say and he gets all nervous and scared himself.
"I'm just going to come out and tell you. You're going to be a dad. I'm pregnant Tom" I say just staring at his beautiful eyes.
Then I see him smile. "Now we do definitely need that house" he says.
"Are you happy?" I ask.
"Of course I am babe. I love you and I'm going to love this baby so much. I'm so excited to start a family with you. I'm so happy. The thing is are you? You're the one who's going to be carrying the baby for 9 months." He says. I'm so relived now knowing he's happy.
"Thank god. I thought you weren't going to love me anymore. I'm so happy you're happy. This house is going to be great. I'm very happy Tom. I was just scared and nervous but you relived me so now I'm happy and not frightened. I'm happy we're going to start a family and have a new house to live in." I say.
"I love you future mrs wilson. I know my job will be tough plus having a baby but I promise I'll be there every minute when I can. I promise I'll be with you. If not Lauren will just be down the street and gray is there. But um... when did you find out?" He says and asks me.
"Yesterday when you went out with the guys I went over to Lauren's and I told her how I was feeling and she was like you're pregnant. Go take the test and turns out it was 2 lines. I was pregnant. I didn't know how you would feel so I wanted to wait but I didn't wanna wait forever to tell you. I told my aunt, Lauren of course, I called your mom for advice so she knows, and um André knows. That's where the rest is if you want to see it" I tell Tom.

I haven't told my dad yet so while Tom went to call his buddies, call his mom, and go over to get the test from André I decided to call my dad.
He didn't answer so I texted him.
To dad👨🏻- you're probably on some business trip or something but I need to tell you something. You're going to be a grandpa. You should answer your phone and maybe I could've told you that way but I'm not fighting to get ahold of you constantly so maybe you should answer or even call your own daughter one day. I wish mom was still here because for the first year she was gone, I was your only girl you loved. Then after that year, you have 3 girls and now you don't even speak to me. You spend way more time with them than your own daughter. Love you dad. Bye thanks for everything. I will be my own self and grown adult. I'm having a little baby, moving into a house, and getting married. Talk to you sometime.

That's what I text. It's sad I have to be like that but it's the truth.