Part 24//

On Saturday, the capitols had a very big and sad loss. It sucked. It's about to be playoffs in a couple months and they need all the points they can get. The final score was 6-2.

It is now Monday and Tom is still upset about it. He gives me an attitude now and then but I understand.
His mom is leaving tonight so we are going to just go out to eat and hang out at the house for a while because we won't see her for another 2 months when we go to Toronto to play the maple leafs.

I was sitting on the couch with Jan when my phone went off a few times. It was my dad who I haven't talked to in a few weeks. Maybe more.

From dad👨🏻- amber, I am truly sorry for everything that's been going on in the past months, weeks, and even year. I just want to have you back as my little girl and talk to you non stop like we always have.

From dad👨🏻(2)- you are my daughter. You can't be ignoring me like this. I want to go have dinner with you and Tom later. Are you guys available?

From dad👨🏻(3)- this will be my last message. I don't want to mess up your life more than I already have. I just want to say I would love to be in my grand baby's life when he or she is born. I really can't wait for the baby to be here. I'm not excited to be a grandpa of course though, but I'm happy for you and Tom. Your finally getting your dream you've always wished when you were just a little girl. I just want to say I love you so much angel, I hope you contact me back soon. Love you.

I ignore the first two. "Aren't you going to answer your phone" Jan questions.
I look to see who it was. I sit back in the couch. "No, I'll look at them later" I say brushing it off.
"Amber. Your an adult. I'm not going to tell you what to do. I just think you should just send your father a little text back or even give him a call" she suggests to me. At first, I didn't like the idea but then I thought about it.
"Thanks, I understand how a parent would feel in this situation. I promise I'll talk to him later" I tell her.

Lunch
We went to lunch around 2:30. It was a little later than we wanted but it was still a good time to go.
We all decided to go to Olive Garden to eat.

After we were all finished, it was about 3:30.

For the rest of the day, the three of us walked around town for her to see something's she's never seen. After that, we decided to go back home so she can pack up her things. I'll miss her because she's been like a mom to me and her being here for this past week felt like my mom was still here. Toms so lucky to have her as a mother and I'm lucky to have her as my soon to be mother in law. She's such a wonderful, caring, loving, and fun lady.

6:45
Jan's flight doesn't leave until 9:05 pm but we wanted to beat whatever traffic there is and stop some places to get food. The airport is just about an hour away depending on the traffic that day.
First, we go through Starbucks to get drinks. Next, Dunkin' Donuts to get a dozen donuts, all different flavors. Then, were on our way to the airport. We arrive at the departure gate at 8:30.
"Wow, we still have a little but more time. Have anything in mind?" I ask to the people who were in the front seat. Referring to Tom and Jan.
"I can always go roam around in the stores and pick up a little snack for the ride if you guys don't want to wait" she says.
"Mom, of course we want to wait." Tom says. I agree.
Tom goes and parks in the drop off lot, I grab the suitcase and a bag and Tom gets the rest while Jan takes her purse and another carrying on bag.

We did just what we said, roam the walkway and see what stores they have. We also had another quick bite. Some Chinese and pizza.

"Flight 27A to Toronto , Canada is now boarding. Flight 27A please make your way to the gate"
The loud announcer says over the loud speaker.
"I guess that's me" Jan says grabbing her ticket out of her bag.
Tom gives her a tight hug, I do the same and exchange a few words.
"Have a safe flight Jan. Call us tomorrow morning" I say.
"Love you mom. Be safe. See you next month" Tom adds and we head out to go back home and go straight to bed.

((Next chapter will be  months later because I just want to get to the part about what the story is supposed to be))