Part 19//

Game day.

I wake up around 6:30 am because I heard Toms alarm going off. I usually don't but this morning I did.
I walk into the kitchen. "Sorry to wake you up" he says quietly knowing gray is here. I just think this will he our life soon. I can't wait.
"No. It's fine I needed to get up and start my day anyway. I don't know how long it'll take to get gray up and ready because I never had him stay the night" i tell Tom. "What time are you leaving?" I ask.
"Um.." he starts then looks at the clock on his phone. "Probably 8 ish I'll leave. What time are you planning on coming?" He asks back.
"Like 11. Is that fine?" I say. "Yeah, sounds good. Jonny can make us lunch if you want to just come eat there with me and some of the others. But when you arrive just wait for me in the office because I'll be in meetings and interviews all morning."
"Talking about interviews, when do you want to tell everyone we're expecting. I mean they already know we're getting married and moving so they mind as well know the third thing. Plus, we won't beable to hide it forever so" I ask Tom a serious question about telling the whole world.
"Well if you're ready I'll do it. Today's a great day to because all of the media is going to be there since it's an early game. They're probably there now and they'll for sure be there hours after the game. I think we should do it too. It's a good point. We can't hide it for a longer time." Tom explains.
I guess today's the day. Soon everyone will know we will have a future NHL star.

Around 7:30, I go and try to wake gray up.
I walk into the room and see him standing up but halfway asleep. "Hey g, your already up baby" I say in my baby voice.
I first feed him breakfast, clean him up, then get him ready for the day. I put him in such a cute outfit. That's one thing I'm most excited for. Dressing him or her up.
I put gray into a red 'Wilson', #43, jersey with dark navy blue pants on with some white nikes.
I dress up in the same exact thing. I know when I get to the rink Lauren will say I can't dress him anymore. She packed him a 'daddy', #77, jersey but I had to go buy him a wilson one last night.

"Alright babe, I'm leaving" Tom says giving me a kiss on my cheek and a hug. "Bye gray. Your dads going to be mad at me for that jersey you're wearing but it looks way better." He jokes noticing his jersey.

I sat gray in a chair to watch cartoons and play with his toys while I finish getting ready.

We still have 2 hours until we leave so we just sit on the couch and watch cartoons, and eat snacks. The traffic is a little backed up so I decide to leave a little bit early to grab some Starbucks too.
I buckle gray up and put all his stuff in the trunk then we blast off.

"Hi welcome to the 5th avenue Starbucks drive thru. How may I help you this morning" the nice lady says through the loud speaker.
"Hi, can I have a chocolate milk box, 10 cake pops. 5 vanilla and 5 chocolate. A medium Mocha frappe, a large hot chocolate, and a medium caramel frappe please" I order.
"Okay would that be all for today?" She asks.
"Yes" I say. "Your Total is $22.76. Please pull up to the second window. Thank you" she says and I follow her directions.
"Hello, $22.76 please" she says sticking out her hand. I give her my Visa card to swipe and she hands it back.
"It'll be a few minutes. Sorry about that" she says in an apologetic voice. "Oh that's fine, I have a few hours to kill" I laugh.
"I see you're a caps fan. Are you on your way to the game?" She asks pointing out my jersey.
"Huge fan. Tom Wilson is my favorite player as you can see" I smile. " and yes I am. I decided to stop here first." I tell her.
"I like him too but TJ Oshie is my favorite." She says. I just laugh. "Well. You see this little kid back there? That's his son gray. I'm actually tom wilsons finance"
I smile.
"No way! Nice to meet you. And he's so cute" she says looking in the back seat. "Here's your drinks and in the bag is the cake pops, straws, and napkins. Thank you and let's go caps" she says handing me everything.

15 minutes later, I arrive at the Verizon center. I have so much stuff to get so I ask John the security guard to help me for a sec. He takes all of the Starbucks stuff and grays car seat. I get grays bags, my bag, and carry gray and we head inside.

I meet up with Lauren in the family box where her and her mom are sitting along with TJ's brothers who I never met. My dad is also in there too with his wife. He was talking with one of TJs brother. I ignore him and just talk to Lauren and her mom for a little.
Lauren didn't notice the jersey on gray at first but then she did when we both turned around looking at the ice.
"Are you serious amber" she starts to laugh while searching for her phone in her purse.
I smile knowing what she's laughing at.
"I need a picture of you two. Pick him up and turn to the ice like you're watching the game." Lauren asks.
I do what she says so she can get the picture.

After we talk for a little and that, I go down to meet Tom to eat some lunch and talk. We're going to tell the media after the game.

Instagram: Lauren Cosgrove tagged you in a photo.
I open up the app and there's the photo she took of gray and I. She also tagged Tom. He smiled at it.
"This is how our child is going to be wearing every game eh" he says smiling.
I commented on her post. So did Tom and TJ.
@tjoshie77 "how is my son not crying. How is he happy in that ugly jersey.
@tom.wil43 "TJ, I never knew your son had such good taste. Wish you would take after him. Gray, thank you for supporting me and not your own father hah"
@ambermurphy11 "he does have great taste. Love that kid. Let's go caps!"
@laurencosgrove. "Never letting my son stay with you ever again Amber because of the way you dress him"

((( the game itself and the postgame will be the next chapter bc I didn't want to make this really long )))