Part 37//

It is now Friday. The day I will be sending my baby off to heaven. I gave birth to him 2 days ago, on Wednesday. It's been really tough planning this in only a few days and making sure everything is perfect for our child.

     The funeral starts at 11am until noon and then we go over to the cemetery after and bury him which will maybe take 20-30 minutes. After all of that, were all going out to dinner.  We had rented the whole upstairs of the restaurant so we wouldn't have to be around other people.

The only people who we invited were close friends, family, and the team.
On Toms side, his mom, dad, grandmother, brother who was already here, and his other brother came who all came down from Canada.
On my side, my two cousins, my aunt, and my uncle came. That's it. My own father couldn't come because he was working. Like his job is way more important than his grand child's funeral.
That makes me so pissed. He will not see me or talk to me for a long time.
My 'step-mom', his wife, who lives 10 minutes away couldn't even stop for a few moments. It just made me dislike her even more than I did.

     The funeral starts on time.

I couldn't stop crying but Tom was right there beside me the whole time.

Andre hasn't left my side either. He's been awesome. He's just another shoulder I can cry on, another person who makes me laugh, a person who will do anything with me if no one else will. I appreciate him so much. I've known him for about 6 years now and he's been through happy and sad times with me.
Lauren's my girl best friend and Andres my guy best friend (besides Tom) hands down even though he can get on my nerves very easily.

     The funeral and burial got over around 1:30 pm. We all met up at the restaurant we chose to go to.

The funeral directors did an amazing job putting this all together. It was very well put together and it was beautiful.
At the end, there was a slideshow the team made for Tom and I. Neither of us had an idea they did this. It was each player, the coaches, and staff going one by one coming up on the screen saying something they wish the baby could know about Tom and I. It was the sweetest thing and made me cry for a good 10 minutes.

     At lunch/dinner, everyone just talked and caught up.
Afterwards, Toms and I family who came in from different places, we all went home and just watched movies and ate snacks for the rest of the day/night.

     An old teammate of Toms came in from st.louis. He plays for the blues. His wife, dianna, who I never met came and she was telling me about her experience having a child. She also had a miscarriage. Not only one, but two within four years but now they're successful and have 2 boys and a little girl.
We talked for an hour straight. She spoke to me about how to handle it and go on with life. It is very hard to do so but it's healthy to and my son would want me to live my life and try for a sibling whenever we're ready so he can look over him or her.

She helped me very much and I thought about my life for a little bit. I know it'll be hard but tom and I can get through anything if we're together.

It's us against the world.

Dianna and I exchanged numbers and we plan to hang out and talk in the future.
She is a new friend of mine who actually shares a lot in common.

Sorry this is kind of a short chapter but now it's almost over!!