Part 21//

((2 weeks later, Thursday))

Since we have told the media and everyone about our expectancy, we've been blessed with outpouring support and love. It's been amazing and I cannot wait for him or her to finally be here.

Another thing is, that we're finally moved in to our lovely, beautiful home. I couldn't ask for anything better right now.
I'm so thankful for the guys too because they're the ones who helped while us girls sat in the new kitchen drinking some wine. The house got finished before Tom and I expected. Probably because we got 20 people to help us.
I'm so exited to just walk down to Lauren's house and hang out with her whenever I'd like. Same with Tom and TJ. They're very excited.

Toms mother is coming today but won't be at the house until around 8 pm. So we have some time to clean up around the house and get the guest room ready for her.

"I'm so glad this house is just about done. All you have to do is your decorating and all I have to do is paint in a few spots, get the man cave how I want, and fix some things" tom says sitting on the couch next to me.
"Me too. I didn't think we were going to be already moved in here. But I'm very happy about everything right now" I tell him. He gives me a kiss on the side of my forehead and I smile.
I look over at Bauer and laugh at him fighting his toy. "Oh uh amber..." Tom starts. I give him a scared look. "Yessss" I say bringing the 's' a long way. "I was just wondering, I know we have a kid on the way and Bauer's already a kid because he's bad and everything but remember when we were talking about a new pet?" He asks. I try not to remember thinking about how much more work that would be but I tell him the truth.
"Yes Tom. Why?" I say. "Because back at the apartment you were saying how small it was and how we couldn't get another dog or anything but now that we have this house... we could get another pet like a dog" he tells me. "More like a fish pet." I say in a serious voice but he laughs.
"Cmon. Pleaseeee" he whines like I five year old boy wanting to get a new dog.
I roll my eyes. "I guess I'll think about it" I explain to him and tell him how much more work it'll be. It's going to be like having 3 kids now.
I still would like to just get a fish or one of those fake dogs.

Hours later

It was now 7:00, so we decided to go head to the airport and wait for his mom, Jan. I talked to her on the phone a few weeks ago but haven't seen her for almost a year or so. It's been a while.

We drive over by the gate, 726C which is flying in from Toronto to wait for her.

Soon after, we see her coming hauling her luggage and bags so Tom gets out to help her. He gives her a big hug and takes her things to put in the trunk of the jeep. I'm driving so Tom let's get to sit up front with me and he sits in the back.
On the way home, she just asks us about how I'm doing with being pregnant even though I'm just almost a month, how hockey is going, how the move went, and things like that.

Home

"Home sweet home" Tom says leading the way in to the house.
I smile thinking this is now our home where our life together will begin.

It's almost 9pm and we were all sitting at the big island in the kitchen eating some pizza.
"I think I'm going to hit the hay you guys. I'll see you tomorrow amber and see you son when you get home from practice" she tells us. I give her a hug and tell her goodnight. Tom does the same.
"I'm tired myself. I think I'll be in bed before 10 too" I say.

I get ready for bed and make my way into Tom and i's room.
I try to stay up to finish a movie on Netflix but that didn't happen. Soon I lied in bed for about 5 minutes and fell asleep.
It was a long day and a tiring week.