Part 4//

We arrive at the Verizon center around 6:07 because traffic was bad. It's a Saturday night and a game against the Blackhawks. This is going to be a fun game to watch.
We still have 2 hours until game time so I decided to take Sarah down to the locker room to show her around. Plus the guys don't go out to warmup for another hour or so. I grab my ID to get me through the doors and security even though they know who I am. They never seen Sarah before but I bet they'll let her through with me. First I text Tom to tell him I'm coming.
To Tom😍❤️- were coming to see ya. Be there in a few.
From Tom😍❤️- okay. Just let me know when ur outside the locker room.

I lock my phone and go to the door where Keon is standing. He's the security guard, one my my favorites.
"Hey miss thang how you doin this day?" He asks.
Sarah laughs. "I'm good Ke, how you been?" I ask back.
"I'm good, I'm good. You going to see your man?" Keon winks at me.
"Yes I am. And this is my step sister, Sarah. Is she allowed to come in with me? This is her first game and I promise you I won't let her wonder off" I say.
"Sure thing. Go along and let's go caps" he says opening up the door for us to go inside.
"Hey! Amber! Wait a second." I hear Keon yell for us when I'm already halfway down the hall. "I forgot to tell you something. Artemi came to this door and asked if you came in yet. So he wants to see you before the game. Ask me or Greg to take you back there" he says. I give him a smile and tell him okay and continue on.

"He's a funny guy. I never knew you had relationships with the security guards." Sarah says looking at me.
"Yeah, you get to know them years at a time and see them every game. They're family." I explain to her.
"Plus the other guard that we'll see in a little is Greg. He watched me grow up because when my dad played here, he worked here and my dad always dropped me off with him and I just sat there and laughed with him til practice or the game was over." I add.
"Who's Artymin" she asks.
"Who?... oh... Artemi?" I laugh at how she said his name.
"Yeah whatever" she laughs.
"It's Artemi Panarin. He plays for the Blackhawks so I guess I'll be going over there too to see him. He's a really good friend of mine and my brothers used to go to hockey camp with him so they were good friends too" I tell her.

We make it to the capitals locker room. Tom was already standing outside with a tshirt, socks, sandals, and his hockey bottoms on.
"Hey girls how was the girls day?" He puts his arm around me while asking Sarah that.
"Oh it was really fun. I would love to do it again. And thanks for inviting me to the game. I heard it was your idea but amber takes the credit for it" she tells Tom.
He laughs about the last part.
"Your welcome. I heard it's your first so here's a jersey number 43, with my signature of course and a puck from practice earlier. And yeah she does that a lot." He gives her the stuff.
I mouth him 'thank you'.
"Thank you so much Tom! I love it. Thank you. I appreciate this so much. Can we get a picture please?" She asks getting out her phone.
I hear a voice behind me. It's André.
"Amber get in there. I'll take the photo." He snatches the phone out of my hand.
Toms in the middle and were on each side of him.

"Good luck. Love you. You guys have 32 minutes until warmups so I'm going to head over to visit Artemi then go to our seats." I tell Tom giving him a hug and a kiss on the lips.

Sarah and I head off to find Greg who was down the hall eating some Dunkin' Donuts.
"Greg!!" I screech. He throws his donut into the box and tackles me with a big hug.
"How have you been? I haven't seen you down this way in a while. Where's your dad at?" He asks.
"I'm good. It's nice to see you. And he's in New York. He's doing the NHL network now so he's away on trips a lot. This is Sarah. She's my step sister. I think you met Liz once. This is her daughter." I inform him.
He shakes her hand.
"So Artemi was looking for you. Do you want me to take you down to the Hawks locker room?" He asks.
"Yes please." I say.