Part 35//

Toms POV

     I get home hours later after Lauren had texted me to get on the next flight. That something urgent had happened but she wouldn't tell me what. All she said was it's going to be okay.
Amber had Lauren and I had my brother in town. He could've stayed in Pittsburgh for the game tonight but he wanted to fly back with me to check on his sister in law.

     I pull up to Lauren's house and see her sitting on the swing bench on the front porch. I rush out while Tim grabs our bags.
"Where is she" I ask her.
"She's upstairs in the guest bedroom. I wanted her to come outside with me to get some air but she begged me to let her stay in bed. She wants to be by herself and doesn't want to talk. She doesn't know you're here so please be gentle going in there. Don't ask what's wrong. Just go in there, sit with her, and hold on to her Tom." 
"Please Lauren just tell me what's going on so I'm ready to walk in there and be ready for anything" I beg still not knowing what's going on.
"I'd rather have your wife tell you and not me. I'm just here for her just like you are. Now go up there. I'll be out here" she tells me. I make my way into the large house and go upstairs.
I take a deep breath before I go in the door but first I knock lightly a few times. I didn't hear anything but sniffles so I walk in.

She starts to cry when she turns around and sees me. I sit on the bed and she sits up to hug me.
"Tom, what are you doing here" she says in between cries.
"I want to be here with you babe. I love and care about you. Lauren cares a lot about you too because she's the one who texted me to come. If you would've called me, I would've came too. I love you and I want to know whatever is wrong, I'm going to be here for you no matter what amber." I told her trying to see what is wrong. No ones telling me anything.
"Have Lauren tell you please. You won't love me after this tom" she told me. All I thought was did she cheat on me?
"She wouldn't tell me. It's up to you to tell me what's wrong. I just need to know amber. I'm here. Can we go to our own house and get out of here and talk? Would that be better?" I ask trying to get something out of her.
" I'm scared to tell you. I'm afraid you won't love me and you'll leave me. You can have any girl tom and you chose me, a girl who can't do something in life. I just want to stay here in the bed forever please" she basically yells at me then breaks down again.
"Please amber. Please tell me you're worrying me and I need to know what's going on. I'm never going to stop loving you and I'm never going to leave you. I married you because I want to spend my life with a person I love. Do you remember my vowels I wrote? I meant every single bit of that. Through thick and thin I'll be right here beside you babe. You can't stay at Lauren's house forever. I want you to come home. Lauren said you wouldn't eat or go outside and sit with her. Why? What's wrong? Please tell me" I beg for the last time. If she didn't answer I was going down to Lauren.
She cries, takes a deep breath, locks eyes with me and cry/yells "I had a miscarriage tom. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry please don't leave" she finally tells me. I just drop and I try to be strong.
"I'll always be here with you. No matter what. Everything happens for a reason amber. It's not anyone's fault. Things happen. Of course this is heartbreaking but we have to be strong and do what we have to do in life. We can always try to have another baby another time. Whenever we're both ready. It's going to be fine baby" I have tears coming down my face. I give her a hug. "I love you so much. You're coming home with me so we can be together, talk, go to bed, do whatever. It's 9pm. I think you need some rest" I tell her.
"Everything happens for a reason" she whispers quietly but just enough so I hear her.

After laying there for about ten minutes, we were both ready to go over to our house.

She hugs Lauren and so do I. I thank her for being this friend to amber and being there for her through the pregnancy.

This was such a surprise to me and probably to amber too. She didn't know that our little boy had died right there in her stomach. No signs. No nothing.

Everything happens for a reason. Yes I believe in that.

Amber goes right in the bedroom and lies down while I go in the bathroom to get a shower. That's the best thinking place.
I was sitting on the toilet seat, naked, just in a towel with the shower water running.
I was crying with my hands in my face. I didn't even see or hear the bathroom door open. I look up and see it was my brother.
He just comes and gives me a hug. I cry right in his shoulder.
"Bro, you gotta be the strong one here. Everything is going to be okay. You both need to be together to get through this huge thing in your life. You're not going to get through anything if you both aren't together and loving each other. Everything happens in life man. You know that and I think she understands too. It's just hard. She thinks it's all her fault when it's no body's. He had an assist in his body. That's no ones fault. Even if the doctors caught it before, they could've done nothing bro." He shuts off the shower. "You're not getting a shower tonight. Go in there, hug and be with your wife. I love you brother and I'm going to be here for not only you, but also my sister in law. That was my nephew. I'm going to be here for all of you. Just know that. I love you guys" he tells me giving a last hug and then he leaves. I sit in the bathroom for about 5 more minutes.
Amber walks in.

"Babe" she says quietly. "I heard you crying in here and you and Tim talking. I just wanted to come and tell you myself that everything will be okay soon and Tom is in heaven with his uncle and grandma." She tells me wrapping her arms around my waist resting her head on my chest.
"Tom?" I ask about the name.
"Yes. I made up my mind." She says. We had three names and I told her whatever I'm happy with. "Tom Easton Wilson" she looks up at me.
"I love it. I love him so much, I love you." I give her a kiss which is passionate but sloppy because we've both been crying.