Part 39//

Aloha

We landed in Hawaii around 5am this morning and we joke woke up. It's noon.
From Toronto to Maui is a 12+ hour flight. That was the shortest one with only one stop.
You would probably think we're both dead and tired, but we woke up with our eyes wide open ready to go to the beach.

Tom and I had never been here before so we were pretty excited to get away just the two of us. We always have friends tagging along going on vacation with us so it's nice to be in Hawaii with my man alone.
Also, we won't be bothered with fans or people who know us.

It was my choice of where we got to go, and tom agreed. It was to the pink sand beach here in Hawaii although it's actually the red sand beach it's called. This was one of those things that are on my bucket list and I'm finally here. Tom and I made a little bucket list of just the places we want to go either together or as a family one day.

Our hotel looks over the beach so we're right there. We only have to go downstairs and go out the door and we're on the beach. This morning when we touched down, it was dark still so we didn't even peak at the beautiful beach or even get to see the sun rise but we're here for a week so I'll make sure to be up for at least one sunrise.
We take a bag with us with some drinks and food along with towels to sit on and some other beach essentials. There weren't many people there so I was happy about that. It was peaceful.

I was just sitting there staring off in the water smiling. I was enjoying every second of it until my phone went off.
"Why did we even bring our phones. We should've left them in Toronto" I say grabbing it and Tom is just sitting there laughing.
"You're with me. What is it" I say until I see he tagged me in a post on Instagram with a caption long as a book. "When did you take this" I ask laughing because I didn't here the shutter go off.
"Like 5 minutes ago. While you were daydreaming off" he tells me. "I even tried saying your name."

The photo of was me when I was just sitting there smiling.
The caption read: "sorry but this caption here is going to be long so if you wanna read, go along but this is really for my wife. I need to express this on social media and not just in real life. Heads up, it's also going to be kinda cheesy so get out the mac n cheese baby....
to start this off I just wanna say you're the better view rather than us being Hawaii on the red/ pink sand beach whatever you wanna call it. Sure, it's beautiful and amazing to be here but you're way more beautiful than this, we don't have to be in Hawaii to see the amazing views, anywhere when I'm with you is amazing. This past month has been a wreck and we're still getting through it day by day. I don't think I would be okay if it wasn't you I was going through it with. I love you so much, I would never leave you for anyone in the whole world, I wouldn't trade this life with anyone else for a minute. Through thick and thin is what I signed on when I put that ring on your finger. We go through everything and at the end of the day, I'll still be by your side. I'm so blessed to be here with you now enjoying every single moment of life. I'm lucky enough to have met a woman like you. You're my queen. We met many of years ago, I knew from the start you were the one but it took me that long to put a ring on your finger. You told me you didn't care if I got down on one knee, all you care about is that I never get down on both knees and beg to have you back. That'll never happen because I'm never leaving. I say that over and over again but it's true. I love you to the moon but how can the moon be the limit when there's footprints on it??
As many of you guys don't know, being a hockey girlfriend or wife is not easy. How she does it and puts up with me now? I'll never know. Now that I'm hurt, we're together every minute. Yes, she's a pain in my ass a lot of the time but I enjoy it.
I see you still smiling at the beach but I'm smiling at you. This is probably the first time you have since the miscarriage. I love that part of you and I missed it. I'm posting this as an appreciation post towards you.
.... I love you.... forever."

"Wow that was the longest thing ever" I say to myself. I even shed a tear.
"Tommm" I whine. "That was so sweet. I love you so much and I love when you post things like that and just the little things you text me I love. I appreciate you so much. More than you will ever know." I give him a huge hug and kiss.

I decided to comment on it and say things but I'm not doing the same thing back because people will think I did it because he made a post about me. I'm waiting until after the trip.

We ate lunch, sun bathed, went in the water, took cute pictures, and just stayed on the beach for a while.
After all that, we went to walk around Hawaii to see what kind of restaurants there was and to see what new foods we could try.
Every where we go, we both try a different food but for something we keep, we get a photo of us and a souvenir to put the photo with like a magnet, frame, or something like that for the photo to go with.

That was a very long day from the flight to exploring. We go back to the hotel room to relax, watch tv, and get ready for bed.
5 more days here and we go back to Toronto.