Part 6//

(Skipping Monday. Didn't do much that day)
Tuesday:

Todays the day that the team leaves for tomorrow's Wednesday Night Rivalry game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. This is the second time we clash in two weeks. This is also the last game before break! If the caps win, we'll have a fantastic vacation, and if they lose, we'll still have a fun one. It's to get their minds off of hockey for a while.

Tom and I both get up around 8:00 am to get everything ready. His hockey stuff is already packed and at the arena to board, all he needs is 3 suits, relaxing clothes like sweats and hoodies, and his other necessities he can't live without like his phone, chargers, headphones, laptop, etc.
I'm the one who always packs for him like his mom. If I forget one thing, he'll be sure to text or call me to bitch. But then, I always say "I'm not your mom Tom".

After everything got packed, we sat down at the island to eat dinner. I was sad that he was going away but there's been longer road trips. The longest was 6 games adding more days for travel so we spent 8 days away for hockey. It's his job though so I don't mind. We talk everyday though.
After he ate, he had to get ready so Tom got in the shower and did his routine.

I soon heard a knock on the door. It was André with his bags ready to leave. I was driving them both to the arena to catch the teams plane.
"Hey amber. Where's Tom?" He asks.
"In the shower. You're early you know it's only" I say looking at the clock on the microwave. "It's only 8:56 and we won't have to leave til 10:15" I tell him informing him.
"Yeah but I was all ready and bored so I knew the door would be unlocked." André tells me.
"You have a key anyway" we both laugh.

I decide to make food for the ride or whatever even though they supply them with whatever they need.
I make Tom a peanut butter sandwich with Bananas and granola on it, 2 chocolate chip granola bars, 1 vanilla yogurt, a small Gatorade and a vanilla protein shake.
"André, what do you want? Come over and tell me." I ask him.
I sometimes make them snacks on a road trip. When Tom doesn't want it, then André for sure will eat it so I always make him one too.
He searches around our kitchen. He soon throws different food and drinks on the counter.
"All of that and could you please make me a PB&J sandwich with strawberry jam on top of the bread with another piece of bread to make a sandwich" he asks and I just give him a look.
"Your so weird. I never seen anyone do that before.

Tom comes out of the room with a nice navy blue suit, white shirt underneath and a red tie. They're supposed to dress up getting on and off of the plane going into the arena but most people don't, like André. Right now, he's wearing grey sweats, red nikes, and a navy blue capitals shirt.
I'm still wearing my pjs because I'm just dropping them off.

TIME TO SAY BYE

I get to the arena a few minutes later than we were supposed to be because of the traffic on a Tuesday morning.

"I'll meet you on the plane Tom, I'll see you Thursday amber thanks for riding me" André says grabbing his luggage getting out of the Rover.
I give him a warming smile and a awkward hug since he was in the backseat.
"Alright babe I gotta go but i love you and I'll see you when I get back. We'll have an amazing time in Florida this weekend. I'll text you when we land and that. Love you" he says giving me a kiss and a hug.
"Love you too. Can't wait and go win this game. I'll be watching see ya" I say giving him a hug back.
He grabs his stuff from the trunk and I wave to him as he gets on the plane.

On the way back to the apartment, I run through Starbucks to get a Carmel macchiato and some cake pops for me and some for the girls and their kids who are coming over to watch the game with me. I invited TJ Oshies wife and kid, Brayden Holtbys wife, Lars Ellers girlfriend who is one of my best friends since he got traded to Washington, and Jay beagles wife and 2 kids.
It's going to be really fun because I just love being with them and their kids and they are the WAGS I am closest with.

When I got back from Starbucks, it was about noon so I made lunch. Grilled chicken and a salad. Once I ate lunch, I just stayed in my pjs and lied on the couch, took a nap, Facetimed Tom, and just watched Netflix for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow is going to be a nervously, fun day.