Part 40//

Goodbye Hawaii

Today's the day tom and I leave Hawaii. I'm so sad because this place just made us both live and be happy and it felt like a dream but now it's time to get back to reality.
It's going to feel like a day of flying but really like 15 hours. I'll probably be sleeping all the way though.

It was such an amazing trip. We definitely need to come back one day. Just the two of us again. We left our phones in the hotel room every time we went out and it was probably the best thing I ever done. So peaceful and nice not having to deal with technology and life back home for a little bit. But we had to take a few photos to capture the memory that's not in our heads.

     "Babe, ya got everything?" Tom asks for the hundredth time.
"Yes Tom. I'm pretty sure I do. If we forget something, just another reason to come back eh?" I laugh.
He sighs and then gives me a look and a conversation he's trying to avoid.
"What's wrong?  You don't want to come back?" I ask confused. Who wouldn't want to come back to see this beautiful, peaceful place?
"I don't want to have this conversation now amber. It can wait when we get back home. I promise everything's going to be fine" he says.
I don't push him or else it would ruin our trip so I listen to him and leave it to talk about when we get home.

"On another note, since you say you got everything... I think it's time to go. I got us a little something. A surprise for you." Toms tells me.
We grab everything and then call a taxi to head to the airport.

     We arrive in the back of the airport and a plane is sitting there.
"Surprise. Our private plane. I know how horrible the way here was on a regular airplane so I wanted to rent this out so we can drink some alcohol, sleep, and just rest on this long flight back" he surprises me.
"Oh my gosh!  Babeeee. You didn't have to do this. It's such an amazing surprise. You know it's my first time on a private jet type thing. Let's get going" I tell Tom running up the stairs like a little kid.

     On the way home, Tom fell asleep so I decided to post a photo and write him something sweet like he did with me so when he wakes up and checks his phone, he'll see it.

I posted a pic of us that I had someone take when we were in Hawaii.
The caption read:
"I am now sitting on a plane staring at this beautiful picture of my beautiful husband on this beautiful beach. This was one of those things that was on my bucket list. I always dreamed and always wanted to come see this and this past week, I lived my dream and I'm glad my best friend was living it with me. These past few months have been so hard to live through with having a miscarriage, Tom getting hurt at the end of the season also with not being able to play. I seriously wouldn't have made it through if it wasn't for Tom.
I love you my love, forever and infinity❤️😘 @tom.wilson43"

I clicked post, locked my phone, and then lied down to take a nap myself.

I woke up hours later and still was flying.
I got a mimosa to drink, some chips and got tom a beer. He was on the phone which woke me up. He was face timing Andre.
We were going to visit him in Australia in a few weeks. That will be our last trip before going back to Washington for the season.
He said bye to him when I walked back to where he was.
"He miss us" I laugh.
"Yeah. He'll probably call us every day soon" he says in a tone. "I need to tell you what I said we'd talk about when we get home. I was going to wait but I just need to tell you know now"
"I've been waiting and wondering. What's up?" I ask tom.
"I found out a few days back. I didn't want to tell you then because I thought it would ruin the trip. I want to tell you now so you don't find out from others. So-" he explains.
"Tom, please just tell me. Get to the point" I say to him waiting for him to get to the point and tell me.
"Ugh, fine, okay... We're not going back to Washington. We will be for like a month but that's it. I'm getting traded or I won't be playing anymore" he tells me it all.
I just sit there for a few and not say anything.
I finally speak up. "What do you mean? Tell me you're joking. They can't get rid of you tom. You're the best out there and that's the only team you've ever been with in your life. You're going to get better so why can't they keep you. I thought you signed like 6 more years with them. Does that not guarantee you stay?"
"I'm not joking. I wish I was. Of course I'm going to get better but the doctors don't know how long. It can be a few months or at least a year. I talked to the management days ago and been texting with them and they said they're most likely going to trade me when trade deadline day is. Probably going to the Penguins. The capitals have to pay for half of my contract and the Penguins are going to pay full for me even though I'm hurt. There will be more information soon. I promise everything will be okay." He tells me. I just drop it and talk about it when we get home.
The rest of the plane ride, we just watch movies and read to pass time.

Hours later, we get back home to Toronto and go right to our bed and sleep.