Part 33//

Sunday. Game day

I woke up to the alarm I had set for 8:45 am. Tom went with TJ early this morning to the arena to do some things so it was just Lauren and I for the day.
I rolled over to see her already up and ready sitting in her bed on her phone.
"What time did you wake up" I ask with a yawn.
"Oh- uh 6:30. I couldn't sleep. I was already wide awake. I just have to take a nap later if I want to make it through the game" she answers me.

First I brushed my teeth, next, I got dressed in black leggings, a white plain tshirt with a jean flannel to wear with it and some brown/beige flat boots that go up above my shin. Then I straighten my hair just to put it up in a ponytail and curl some pieces. It's messy but cute. I top it off with a sparkly 'wilson 43' headband. Lastly, I just put on some makeup to touch up my face.

"Hey it's-" she starts to say then stops to look at the clock. "9:30. Do you want to go get some breakfast then go check in at the arena" Lauren asks. I agree. I grab my purse and we head out.

We ended up at 'peace, love, and little donuts' because that place was just so good. From there to the arena was about a ten minute walk but with me being pregnant, we drove and sat in some traffic so it took about a half an hour to get there.
We park the car at the hotel and walk over since it's right a crossed the street. Literally.

To get in PPG was a hassle. They would not let Lauren and through. About 20 minutes later, the security guard finally let us through.
Lauren spots TJ going in the locker room so we follow him. I seen he just had a white towel around his waste so just to make sure I told Lauren to go check first.
"He's getting an ice bath. He has little clothing on so it's safe" she says looking back to tell me to come in.
"Relaxin your muscles eh? What's Tom doing" I ask TJ.
"In a meeting with the medical staal and then he said he had a few interviews then he was going to work out with the trainer" he tells me Toms plans.
I didn't want to bother him. I don't think I would see him anyway until tonight because he's busy.
While Lauren and TJ were talking on FaceTime to Gray, I went out to the penguins morning skate. Hopefully they wouldn't see me but I seen someone was on the bench. It was ovi.
"What are you doing out here? Being a Russian spy eh?" I laugh thinking it was something good to say.
We usually speak a few words a season. He's older than most of us and he's more of an adult. It feels weird talking to him because he's not in our group.
"Ah maybe. What are you doing out here then" he laughs.
"Toms busy. I came with Oshies wife. They're talking. I kind of decided to spy but Toms not playing so don't know who I would tell what they're doing since you're out here" I say.
"Tom wife? Nice to meet you. I see you around in the rink at games practices. Congrats on the baby. Better keep tom under control this offseason to get better. I should go tape get ready tonight. Nice talk to you. See you around" he says trying to speak his full sentences in English.

He leaves and I stay out there until Lauren comes and finds me which is about 5 minutes.
"You about ready? TJ told me that Toms brother stepped out to take a phone call and now they won't let him in so he's coming back to the hotel with us.
"Oh my god. I forgot he came." I felt bad but I laughed. It doesn't even feel like Tom got here. I felt him get in the bed but I don't even know what time that was.

We walk out of the arena to see Tim talking with the security guard.
"T-moneyyy!! Welcomee" I say being all obnoxious because he says I always embarrass him.
He turns around and smiles to come give me a hug.
"Hey bam! How's my nephew doing?" He asks touching my stomach.
"Oh I see how It is. Asking how he's doing and not ask your sister in law!" I say with an attitude jokingly. "But he's doing good. I'm not sick anymore and I don't even feel him kick at all anymore"
"That's good I guess. It sounds good that's not happening" he laughs. "I haven't seen you all in forever. I missed y'all it's been a while" he says.
"Yeah it Has been. Like a year or two. But I didn't introduce you to my good friend. Her names lauren, she's our neighbor, and TJ Oshie is her husband."
They shake hands and introduce theirselves.