Part 26//

3 weeks later (Thursday)

It's been a few weeks since I've found out what I am having. I am super blessed to be having a baby boy.
Before the team left, we had a get together at the new house. It was the first time everyone got to see it. It was almost like a gender reveal party but most of the people knew. When Tom gets back, we will be having a baby shower for him.
The team had left for their Canadian road trip on Tuesday. I thought they were up there for 4 days, but no. It's just 4 games they play so it's actually going to be about 6-7 days they'll be gone. After this road trip they're home for a week and then there's one more game home then playoffs begin.

Although I wish for Tom to be here on my side at these appointments, I understand he cannot be with me all the time because of his job and I support that 100%. I don't know how many times he calls or texts me and apologizes for not being here with me. I tell him it's okay though. If he's not busy, I will FaceTime him and he can still be apart of the appointment.

Lauren decided to drop gray off with her mom so we wouldn't have to drag him around with us this early in the morning. When she's finished with that, she will pick me up and we'll be on our way to the doctors.

*honk, honk* I hear coming from outside. It has to be Lauren. I was already to go. I had my shoes already on and everything. I shut and lock the door behind me and then make my way to the car.
"Damn amber" Lauren says when I get into the car.
I give her a scared look. "What? What Lauren" I say. She starts to chuckle. "It's nothing. It's just your getting big. Looks like you popped over night" she tells me.
"Wow. Thanks for telling me I'm fat" I joke. "Well I am 5 months pregnant. This time has went fast. It feels like I just found out." I tell her.

Doctors
We were actually the only ones in the waiting room surprisingly. I signed in and they gave me a form to fill out. Stuff about my family members medical history, and other questions like do I drink, smoke, did I have sex in the past 2 months, things like that.
"Are you lying on question number 6?" Lauren asks peaking over my paper.
"What!" I semi yell at her. It was the sex question. "No Lauren. God. Why did I bring you with me"
She laughs. "I'm just asking I mean you and Toms sex life must be nice. You both are young, you're pretty I would bang you if I were a guy, I caught you guys on the Florida trip doing it, and you guys did months ago because look where we're sitting. In a pregnancy doctor waiting room" she says.
I just roll my eyes and finish signing the papers.

"Hi maim, thank you for this. You can go back in room 4A please" the receptionist says while taking the form.

"Hey amber. Nice to see you again. I see Toms not with you today" she says looking over at Lauren sticking her hand out for a shake.
"hi I'm her friend lauren. Nice to meet you" she says shaking her hand back. "Dr.Angeles nice to meet you. Have a seat anywhere you'd like"
"So amber, we don't have to do an ultrasound today because that would be too much radiation for the baby and for yourself so we will just be discussing some things about your pregnancy so far, I'll check around your stomach like a regular doctors checkup, and then we'll discuss where, and who will be delivering your sweet little boy when he decides to come" dr.Angeles explains all to me.

Afterwards
The appointment didn't really go how I wanted. My health was all okay. I just have to take care of myself very well to not hurt the baby in anyway. He has a problem where if I get sick, the baby will get even sicker and possibly suffocate himself from not being able to breath. Just thinking about that makes me very sad and very cautious now. If I get any type of cold, I have to go to the emergency room to get checked out.
Also, I will have to be put on a diet. The baby won't come out healthy with his weight. Right now, the baby is supposed to be about 2 more pounds bigger but isn't. Once I'm on this diet, hopefully he will start to develop quick and get bigger.
Everything else is good. The next appointment won't be until next month. That's where I'll be going to the hospital that I picked to have my child and I'm going to meet with the delivery doctor. I also will be getting an ultrasound then to see how everything is going with the baby.

"Hey laur. Thanks for coming with me" I say stepping out of the car.
"No problem. Everything's going to be okay. I promise. Just rest, watch Netflix all day, take a walk or something. Oh and give Tom a call! I'm going to go pick up gray. Love you. I'll talk to you later" she says. I thank her again and go to the front door of the house.

I decided FaceTime Tom to tell him everything what happened today. I just can't wait for him to get back home on Monday.