Chapter 96

Sirius brushes his mouth against mine and rests it there. Soft lips, warm and wet. He isn't moving his lips but I don't care if he never does, it's perfect.

I open my eyes, just for a second, to see if this is real. And oh, I think my heart is about to pound right out of my chest. His eyelashes are long and dark and fanned out across his rosied cheeks. His eyebrows are furrowed in concentration of kissing me.

His hands slip beneath my shirt and coat, feeling up the sensitive skin of my waist. My stomach drops in exhilaration like I've just gone down a rollercoaster ride. I have never been touched this intimately.

I have no idea how to kiss and that embarrasses me a little bit. What if I'm doing it wrong? I'm trying to think of everything I know about kissing but my mind is only working at half capacity with him thisclose.

Sirius's movements are slow at first, nothing but innocent brushes of his lips on my lips. I lose sense of everything except the tingly feeling of his soft lips caressing mine and his fingers teasing the skin of my hips.

My body doesn't know what to do when he hesitantly parts his lips and strokes the tip of his tongue along the seam of my lips. I feel the rush of exhilaration all the way down to my toes. He wants inside. My heart throbs. I part my lips.

He's driving me insane. Over and over again, he gives my lips a maddening tease of tongue and then retreats. I want more.

I don't even think about it when I grab the back of his head to bring us even closer and touch my tongue to his. Butterflies explode and I actually moan into his mouth, it feels that good. His smirk presses into my lips and a flush of heat gathers in my cheeks.

He kisses me deeply with trained strokes of his tongue, filling my mouth with only the taste of him until I'm gasping for breath. I want to say I don't need to breathe but he's already torn away, flushed and breathing heavily.

God, he's attractive like this. Lips swollen and pigmented from my kisses, eyes dark and full of lust.

I'm not cold anymore.

Sirius's eyes flutter open and his pupils have dilated like drops of ink in a puddle. He lifts a hand up to my face and runs his thumb over my bottom lip. I watch his tongue dart out to wet his lips as he stares down at mine. I know what that mouth tastes like now. I know what those lips feel like.

"I have wanted to do that since we were eleven years old." His voice has become a husky, erotic whisper.

"Really," is all I manage to ask. I'm stupid right now.

I'm not immune to the intensity of his stare. I don't think I will ever be. "I'm done holding back. I don't want to be just your friend anymore, Chiara. I want to be yours. And I want you to be mine. Tell me you want me like I want you. Tell me you will let me take you out on a date this weekend."

His confession knocks the wind out of me. It's all I can do to stare up at him with my heart in my eyes. Sirius Black likes me. Sirius Black wants to be with me. "Is this real?"

Sirius takes my hand and circles the pad of his thumb over the top. "It's always been real between us, love, hasn't it?"

"Yes." I'm smiling bigger than I think I ever have in my entire life of living. "Yes, I want you. Yes, I'll go out with you. Yes to everything, Sirius, just kiss me again."

He kisses me and everything quiets. I can't think, only feel. And this feels like a much needed hug and the perfect sunrise and making someone smile and receiving flowers and listening to the rain and singing at the top of your lungs and the taste of chocolate and being overwhelmingly happy.