- Vanilla Latte -

It was a chilly spring evening in Amsterdam. You wrapped your long coat even tighter around your body, hoping it would make you feel less cold. You were walking around the city center, exploring the marvelous city for a bit and admiring the architecture. Suddenly, an unexpected occurrence interrupted you in your enjoyment; a huge rainstorm started and dispersed most of the people around you. Your eyes followed unfamiliar figures everywhere, scattering around and finding the nearest hiding place. 

The dark clouds over the city didn't portend anything good, but you were hoping it would start raining after you went back home. Don't get me wrong, you liked rain, but you weren't the biggest fan of smudged makeup and completely damp clothes and hair. You liked watching little rain droplets fall onto your bedroom window while you drank coffee or tea, wrapped under your soft blanket. 

You noticed you were already standing in one place for far too long and getting even more cold, so you promptly started looking for a place to hide, since you were nowhere near home. Your eyes landed on a small cafe which was getting more and more full by the minute, so you decided to sprint towards the place. Once inside, you noticed it was a small, cozy place with many different people in it. You felt much warmer and safer, although you were already soaking wet. Your eyes roamed around the cafe, searching for a table, when you noticed a couple just getting up and leaving, so you hurried towards the table to get it before anyone else does. You squeezed through a few tables and hurriedly apologized to the people whose chairs you accidentally moved along the way while you were trying to occupy the table. Then completely unexpectedly, while you weren't looking, you bumped into something or somebody which almost made you fall down. You were already embracing the fact that you were going to hit the ground and probably hurt yourself, when a pair of strong arms grabbed you and pulled you up. 

-I'm so sorry. Are you okay? - you heard a strong accent. 

-Yeah. - you sighed. - I'm sorry, too. I wasn't looking. 

Then you looked up and your eyes met a pair of mesmerizing green ones. 

-You were trying to occupy this table, I suppose?

-And I'm guessing that's what you were trying to do, too. - you blushed. 

-Yes. But it's okay, I'll wait, maybe someone decides to leave and then I'll find a table. Have a nice evening and again, I apologize for almost hurting you. - the boy turned to leave, but you decided to stop him. 

-Wait! 

He turned around. 

-The rain isn't going to stop soon and I clearly doubt anyone sane enough is going out on this weather. We can share a table, it's perfectly fine. - you offered him a polite smile which he gladly returned. You were skeptic about sharing a table with a complete stranger, but then again, what could possibly happen?

-Thank you. So much. - he took off his long black coat and you did the same with yours, then you both sat down and exchanged a few shy looks.

-So... - he broke the silence. - My name is Martijn. - he offered his hand which you gladly took. 

-(Y/N). 

-Nice to meet you, (Y/N). I'm judging by your accent that you're not from here. 

-No, I actually moved here a few months ago. Is it really that noticeable? - you both giggled. 

-Born Dutch. I notice things like that. - he smiled. 

-Oh.

You talked for a bit more about yourselves before the waitress served you. 

-Good evening, what can I get you? - she politely asked. 

-Vanilla latte, please. - you ordered.