Childhood memories.

It was a warm autumn evening when you came home from work/Uni, tired and grumpy. All you wanted to do is come home and cuddle with your boyfriend Martijn. You shut the door behind you and lazily threw the keys on the cupboard in the hallway, not bothering to pick them up from the floor as they slid and dropped from the cupboard. Instead you groaned and called Martijn's name a few times, hoping he was home and not out with his friends. You wanted him all to yourself. Instead of hearing his soothing accented voice, you were greeted by silence which made your heart sink. You called him once more as you approached the living room, and this time you could actually hear his voice, telling you he was in the bedroom. A genuine smile appeared on your face as you almost ran towards the bedroom you shared for almost six months now. You opened the slightly ajar door when you found Martijn sitting on the floor next to your bed, a few photographs in his hands and photo albums surrounding him. You sat right next to him and decided not to ask him anything, as he was deep in thoughts while staring at the documented memories. Martijn kissed you on the forehead and asked about your day, but you decided it would be better if he told you what he was doing. He handed you a photograph filled with children hugging each other and smiling, some of them staring right at the camera, some of them staring at the distance; some of them smiling widely with their crooked teeth or gaps between them which made them look even cuter and some of them looking a bit surprised by the camera. Maybe even camera shy. You smiled at the beautiful photograph, immediately recognizing your beautiful boyfriend. You both giggled at a few photos after he explained some of the stories behind them with tears in his eyes. You grabbed his hand and kissed him gently, letting him know it was okay to let his emotions take over. After a few moments he showed you his vulnerability, letting you know that the always smiling boy from the photographs was still hidden somewhere deep inside, even without the scars on his knees or broken arm from falling off his bicycle. Little Martijn Garritsen had the same heart and soul as the now world known DJ Martin Garrix, the only difference was that he was a little more naive back then and had less scars on his heart, instead he had them on his knees.