- Just Before Goodbye III -

So sorry for the late update. My life is a mess right now, I haven't been feeling so well in the last few days. I'm a bit depressed so I didn't feel like writing, but I felt so guilty for not updating part three for so long, so here it is. Btw I feel as if this song fits perfectly, I absolutely love it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "...I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you

Take me back to the night we met ..."  

Previous year...

Who would've known that the boy who made you feel like a complete idiot would turn out to be such a sweet person, at least at first? That day at the bar, he really seemed so intriguing and interesting. He never lost his mysteriousness nor his a bit cocky attitude, but at the moment it all seemed so irrelevant to you. You got lost in his green orbs, his voice made your heart flutter and the unexpected, secretive, "accidental" touches you exchanged were enough to make you feel like you were flying. 

-I'll walk you home. - he offered. - It's no big deal. 

-But what about Julian? - you asked, glancing at the handsome boy seated next to him. 

-He's going home, his girlfriend is waiting for him. - he answered instead of the boy. - Don't worry, you're in good hands. - then he winked. 

Despite the boy's attempts to try and make you feel safer and more comfortable, Otto's words rang in your head repeatedly... He's bad news. And he did seem that way, he might've had a bit innocent face and a sweet smile, but you thought you knew better than to fall in love with a playboy. 

A year and a half later...

When somebody else asks you if you're really happy, the answer is almost always yes, with a faint smile and glossy eyes you try to hide. But the moment you ask yourself if you're really a happy person in a particular situation, that's when you ponder if you want to convince yourself and force your body into being happy or be completely honest and shatter your life. And now was the moment. Damiaan was finally asleep on his own side of the bed, the clock on the wall showed three a.m. and the moon illuminated the bedroom through the big windows. You finally had time to think, in the calmness and silence. 

You missed him.

Even though he was so bad for you, you still wanted to hear his voice. So you grabbed your phone and ran to the kitchen, still careful not to wake the sleeping silhouette up. 

You knew it wasn't too late, you knew he wasn't sleeping. 

He never slept on May 14th. 

After you wanted to give up calling, since the phone rang too long, he finally picked up. You pondered whether or not to hang up immediately because your skin shivered and your hands started trembling but you forced yourself to remain calm. 

-Hey. - he sounded tired. 

-Hey. - you whispered. - Happy birthday. 

You expected him to ask "who is this" or "why are you calling so late" but instead he just giggled. - Thank you, (Y/N). How are you?

Your eyes filled with tears and you knew you shouldn't have called because you fell for him all over again. - This was a bad idea, I'm sorry- 

-Please don't hang up. - he pleaded. - I just want to talk to you.