- The Fault In Our Stars -

So can you see the stars over Amsterdam? You're the song my heart is beating to...

-Okay, ready to watch a movie? - you asked Martijn as you entered the living room carrying one bowl of popcorn and the other one filled with some candy you bought on your way home. 

-Sure. What have we got? - he asked you with a curious smirk on his face. 

-Ta- daam! - you exclaimed happily, turning the laptop around for Martijn to see it. 

-The Fault In Our Stars? Isn't that the shitty movie people been talking about? Like the teenagers with cancer?

You glared at him. - It's not shitty. Besides, it's my turn to pick so you've got to watch it anyway. 

He sighed. - Fine. Play the movie. 

At the scene where Augustus dies, you started sobbing. You felt really bad for Hazel Grace, she didn't deserve to lose such a wonderful guy so soon. Forever. It reminded you of your fear of commitment, you never wanted to be in a relationship because you were afraid they would leave or something would happen and you would end up alone. Until you met Martijn. And now you wanted to cherish every moment with him because you knew how it always ended when people don't cherish and respect each other. You looked up to see if Martijn was already asleep, but instead the sight in front of you took you off guard. He was staring at the small screen, eyes brimming with tears threatening to spill over his red cheeks. The sight made you want to chuckle since he was so adamant when it came to sad love stories, but you couldn't even imagine smiling while Martijn was so close to crying. Instead you hugged him even tighter and gave him a sign that it was okay. Soon you felt cold drops over your hands and face. He was crying. 

-Are you okay? - you asked him, whispering. 

He just nodded. 

At the end of the movie, both of you were already sobbing in tears. It looked funny from third person's point of view, but to you two it was the closest and most emotionally intimate moment in your relationship of four months. He held you tightly and occasionally kissed the top of your head while you caressed his cheek. 

-You still think it's a shitty movie? - you asked him. - And be honest. 

His pride was sometimes stronger than his honesty. - Yes. 

-Seriously?! You just freaking cried! - you got a bit frustrated. 

-Okay, okay... It's not that bad. - he mumbled. 

-Ugh. - you groaned and stood up to wash your face in the bathroom. 

-Where are you going? - his grip got tighter around your hand. 

-I'll be back in a minute. 

After you were done washing your face and calming down, you got back to the living room and found Martijn still sitting on the couch, his eyes still red from crying. 

Then you realized.

-I've never seen you cry before. - your voice came out hoarse. 

-You really wanted to see me cry, huh? - he giggled.

-I didn't mean it that way. I meant... This is the most vulnerable I've seen you. Besides you being with your family.

-I don't like crying. I didn't cry a lot even when I was a child. 

-Oh. - after a moment of silence, you spoke again. -It's not weakness, you know?

-I know. 

-Martijn?