The Garritsen Family.

You were about to meet your boyfriend of two months' parents. You already met his sister Laura while you were on one of Martijn's shows and you got along pretty well. She was really sweet and accepted you immediately, which made it much easier for you, but you just had a feeling, even after many conversations with Martijn and his reassuring, that it won't be as easy with his parents.

You wore an elegant dress, knee lenght, short sleeve and not so tight, just so you don't leave a bad impression. You were never the type who cared about other people's opinions about you, but this time you were really nervous about what Mr. and Mrs. Garritsen would think of their son's girlfriend. Just as you were finishing up your hair and makeup, Martijn came into the room, wearing jeans with a polo shirt and a suit jacket. In just a moment, the smell of his cologne filled the room and your nostrils, which made your heart flutter.

As you reached the medium sized family house in Amstelveen, you were even more nervous than before. Martijn told you his parents were going to love you because you were so warmhearted, funny and charming, but still nothing could calm the uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach. As soon as the door opened, you were greeted by a huge smile and enfulged into a warm hug. It was his mother who looked even more beautiful than in the pictures. When his father came into view, you offered your hand for the old, classic handshake, but instead you were pulled into another hug. Laura already jumped into her brother's hands and then hugged you too, asking you a few quick questions about your day in the meantime.

The dinner was amazing, Mrs. Garritsen could really cook well. You talked almost through the whole dinner, them actually seeming interested in what you do and how you and Martijn treated each other. Almost half an hour through dinner you were completely calm, relaxed and happy. You talked to all of them like they were your own family and you really felt relieved that they respected you and actually cared about your life. Martijn would wink at you from time to time, giving you a sign that everything was going alright.