- STMPD vs. SPINNIN' Records II -

Day one of the festival. You were up next, right after Don Diablo. Martin was opening the festival, which was amazing, but after he had finished he was lost somewhere backstage, probably with Julian Jordan and Zedd.  You were a bit nervous since you hadn't still gotten used to the stage, and Martin was nowhere to be found. He would always support you and encourage you before your shows, but now he wasn't there and you felt a bit sick.

-Two more minutes, (Y/N). - Michael notified you. - Are you ready?

-I guess so. - you took a deep breath. - Have you seen Martijn?

-No. - he shook his head. - He's probably at the bathroom or somewhere, don't worry. - he winked. - Go give your best, kiddo.

-As always. - you smiled.

Maybe the scouts are here.
Oh, those people are looking at me funny.
Why am I freaking out about this, I don't care?! I should concentrate on the music.

Your mind was killing you while you were trying so hard to concentrate on the song playing. It was one of your most famous tracks you loved to play at every show, but this time it just faded into the rest of the background noises around you. Your heart was pounding so fast, some kind of adrenaline was running through your veins and you couldn't control it.

Maybe he could but he is not here now.

Your set was ending and Alison Wonderland was the next up, then you were wrapping up for the night. You couldn't wait to jump into his arms like you always did and then you wanted to say to each other how proud you were of the other. It was kind of your ritual. Your set ended, you thanked the crowd, quote:" for a fucking amazing night" then sprinted off stage. You were walking down the corridor towards the dressing room when two men in grey suits and loads of papers in their hands stopped you.

-Good evening. - one of them said with a small smile. - You're (Y/N) (Y/L/N), right?

-... Yes? - you asked, unsure. Not of your name, but their intentions. - And you are...?

-We're from Spinnin' Records in Netherlands. We are scouts sent here to review your set, and if we might say, you were pretty good.

-Thank you. - you nervously smiled.

-About your contract, you will get three days to think about it, you will get some of the paperwork, but the rest you will have to sign when it's official and when you come at the production house. Is that okay?

-Well-

-Good evening, gentleman. - the person you least hoped would appear interrupted you. - How may I help you? - he always did this when strange men approached you.

The men looked between themselves with strange looks on their faces.

-You know what... - you became as nervous as ever. - You can just send me it by mail. It's okay. - you behaved like a coward, but you were scared of losing Martijn.

-Are you sure? - the second man asked you.

-Yes, I'm kind of in a hurry, I'm sorry. - you grabbed Martijn's hand and hurried away.

-Who was that? - he asked you.

-That? Oh, some interview people. - you were such a bad liar that even an idiot would realize you were lying, but he somehow managed to drop the subject fast. - No one important. Did you watch my set?

-Yeah, I was behind the whole time, but then Watse called me into the dressing room to talk. You were amazing. - he hugged you. - And I love you.

You swallowed hard. - Yeah... I love you too.

-Wanna go at the afterparty with me, Julian, Zedd and Aoki?

-Sure, let me just change into my spare clothes real quick. 

***

Home

a week and a half later, 09:30 a.m.

As promised, you received an envelope with one part of the contracts for Spinnin', while the STMPD contracts were in your drawer in the bedroom. You still hadn't chosen, and it killed you inside, but you tried to hide it in front of your boyfriend. 

-So... - he entered the kitchen and you quickly hid the papers under the table. - Did you sign the contract yet?

-What contract?

-For STMPD. I was hoping you'd already make the choice. - you remembered that he still didn't know about Spinnin' making you an offer. - If you want, I mean. 

-Uh, they're in my drawer, don't worry. - you avoided eye contact. - I will sign them soon. 

Martijn just chuckled and went back to the living room. 

You sighed of relief. 

Fucking fame. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a bad day, but I'll survive. I should look at the positive parts of it. Anyway, here's Part 2, since I promised regular updates, but the chapters will be much shorter than before. Hope you like this one too! Part 3 coming soon! What will you choose, huh? Fame or love? Money or security? 

-Dakota.