- Best Friend's Brother II -

Part two as I promised! Didn't want to make the first one too long. Hope you like this one, too, I gave my best. Not writing part three.

------------------------------------------------------

A knock on the door interrupted Laura and you at finishing the last few sentences of the assignment.

-Come in! - the girl invited them in. Unfortunately for you, it was Martijn who was at the door.

-Girls. - he peeked through the door, looking directly at you. - It's dinner time, be downstairs in two.

-Sure, we'll be down in no time. - Laura replied, closing her laptop.

-Hey, I'm going home, I don't want to interrupt-

-Nonsense, you're having dinner with us. - the boy interrupted you. - Mother insisted.

-Are you sure?

-Come on (Y/N), don't be silly! - Laura said, standing up. - Let me just go use the bathroom, you two go to the kitchen. - and left.

It was just Martijn and you alone, which made you shy. You tried keeping yourself busy with collecting your things, hoping he would go, but instead he just stood there, staring at you.

-Are you coming, or what? - again with that stupid smirk.

-Or what. - you sarcastically replied.

-Are you embarrassed with what happened in the kitchen? - he came closer to you. - Because I think it was cute.

You glanced at him in disbelief. - Really?

-It happens to everyone, don't worry. - he was always sweet and kind, from the moment you met him. That's one of the things you liked about him. - Now, shall we go? - he offered you his hand, since you were sitting on the floor.

You took it. - Thanks.

He just winked in response, then changed the subject while you were walking down the stairs. - So.. What's new in your life? Any boys?

The question surprised you a bit. - Not really. I mean, there's this one boy that I like but he doesn't even notice me. What about you? Any girls?

-Nah... After my breakup I've been focused on some other things. Although I've got this cute girl in eyesight. Doesn't know if she likes me back though.

-Why so? - you felt a bit jealous. - Who wouldn't like you?

He giggled. - We can't be together anyway.

-Why?

-She's younger than me and she's my sister's friend. - with that, he just walked into the kitchen, leaving you behind at the hallway.

What!? Who is he talking about?

He was staring at you the whole time at dinner, making your cheeks burn once again. Occasionally, when no one would watch, he would wink at you or offer you a small smile.

-So, Martijn, did you find yourself a date for the festival? - Karin, Laura and Martijn's mother asked.

-Not yet, I haven't really thought about it. - he replied.

-Maybe (Y/N) would like to go with you. - the woman proposed. - What do you think, darling? - she glanced at you.

Soon, the whole table stared at you in expectation.

-What festival? - you asked, confused.

-The Amsterdam Dance Event next week. - the boy replied. - If you want to go, I've got two tickets.

You smiled. - I would love to.

-Then it's a date! - Laura jumped excitedly, which surprised you.

She knew about this?

-I'll pick you up at Thursday night. We're going to have the time of our lives.

Long story short, he was right; you had a wonderful time and he agreed on a second date which led to your first kiss. Laura was super supportive of you two and later she told you her brother was crushing on you for a long time.