- STMPD vs. SPINNIN' Records III -

In case you get confused with the whole Martin/ Martijn thing, I'm just trying to make a difference between working Martin and the private Martijn., although it's the same person. By the way, I have nothing against Spinnin' Records, I think they release great music and work with amazing artists.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Home

Thursday, 03:52 p.m.

You quickly hid the papers among the other sheets and contracts, putting it right under Martin's. You stared at the printed paper for a while until Martijn came into the room and you shut the drawer.

-What are you doing? - he asked, leisurely.

-Just putting something away. - you smiled at him innocently. - You?

-I'm going to meet up with this kid that wants to sign for my label. Got lots of work now that the label is finally open. - he said, putting on a new T-shirt. - I listened to some of his tracks and he's really good.

-That's nice. - you couldn't stop staring at his perfectly shaped body. - It's really cool what you're doing for these kids, you know?

Martijn chuckled. - I know. Thank you. - he walked over to you and kissed your forehead. - And next time... - he whispered. - Take a picture, it will last longer.

You hit his arm playfully as he laughed. - Ha ha, very funny. - you answered sarcastically.

-By the way, you're cute when you blush. - he winked and walked out of the room, leaving you gasping and blushing even more.

-I will kill you for doing this to me! - you yelled after him.

-Yeah, yeah...

A few minutes later your best friend called you so you could hang out, and of course, you said yes. You left your phone on the kitchen counter so you could get ready in peace, but forgot it on your way out, which rarely happened. Guess you were so stressed out about the whole situation that you began forgetting things around the house. Things like that cost you many other important things. And that... that was your error. You forgot.

***

Martijn came home earlier than planned, hoping he could make some new plans with you, like watch a movie or something like that, but instead he found the house empty. He was disappointed but understood that you probably had some other duties you had to finish. As he entered the kitchen to grab a Pepsi from the fridge, he found your phone on the counter. Worried that you might have forgotten it, he took it in hope he would find out where you were and bring it to you, like every good boyfriend, but instead what he found on the screen shocked him. You both had passwords of each other's phones, not so you could snoop around because you never did that, but only in emergency cases, like this one should've been.

Willem van Kooten

"Dear (Y/N),

I am contacting you related to our previous meeting, and also your meeting with the two scouts I sent on your show in China. My team and I were wondering if you had made the decision of joining our record label which could provide you all necessary things possible when it comes to your career. We only want to make our clients succeed and grow, and with this team, you will certainly make it to the top.

Kind regards,

Willem van Kooten. "

The whole room spun around him and his blood started boiling. Out of all record labels in the world, why this one?! He had some bad experiences with them and he didn't want you to live through the same; lawsuits, lawyers, paperwork, court all over again. He wanted to text him back, to tell him to go to hell and that he should stop lying to all of those young artists, but then again he wanted to slam that phone against the wall and yell at you, but he knew he had no rights to do any of that. It was your decision that you chose independently, and he had to respect it.

I can't be so selfish all the time when it comes to her. I can't protect her from everything.

Regardless, he was still mad at you for not telling him anything and making him believe you were actually going to work together. He knew that you were aware of the fact his record label wasn't so big but it was fair and completely on the client's side, but you still didn't listen.

***

06:12 p.m.

-Is anybody home? - you yelled as you entered the house. - I'm home!

-In the kitchen! - Martijn's voice boomed through the silence.

You walked in the kitchen with a smile on your face, but as soon as you saw Martijn's angry and disappointed glare your smile vanished.

-What's wrong? - you asked him.

In front of him was a stack of papers and in his hand was a pen. - Absolutely nothing. - he said through gritted teeth. - As a matter of fact, I have just made something easier for you.

Oh no.

-What is that? - you were trying to play it off cool but you knew nothing would be cool between you two after that.

-You know, I noticed something was off about you these few days, but I let it go, shrugged it off, thinking you were just tired. I didn't know you had a hard time thinking about how to tell me about your new business offer. I mean... if you even planned on telling me, of course.

-Martijn, I-

-So, to make it easier for my faithful, truth-telling, amazing girlfriend...- he accentuated the adjectives. - I signed the contract for you. I hope you don't mind.

-Martijn, what did you do? - you gasped.

-Good luck at Spinnin' Records. Your chance to work with me has been cancelled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh shit. What will you do next?! Martijn is mad, disappointed and probably unforgiving. What will you do to get him back?

-Dakota.