Chapter 8

Vik's POV

I walked off from Aiden and couldn't help but feel like shit, I felt like I was abandoning him. He was on his own after such a frightening weekend, With which I practically spent all of my time there, I had to even go over there on Sunday and help him for an hour when Freya told me he was freaking out. Even though he was fine, so we just sat down and played some games.

Harry: "Vik come here a sec."

Vik: "What's up?"

He waved me over, when I was clearly going to slow, he picked up his pace and made damn sure I knew I was supposed to be there. I picked up my pace and walked over to him as worry creased his face. I followed his gaze and noticed Aiden standing with his friend Mitch and the new kids, but one of them was watching the two of them as he stood next to Mitch. The other one was behind Aiden and slowly crept forward, reaching the boy as he snaked his arms around m, Slowly, Painfully. And in every micro second that boys arms were around him, You could feel the pain, The unwanted feeling. The... shame? Wait why did Aiden look ashamed?

Harry: "Isn't that the new kid?"

Vik: "Yeah Callum Mcginley, He's a freak."

Harry: "You sound like one of the kids."

Vik: "Os he in my class or yours?"

Harry: "I'm sorry?"

Vik: "Answer the fucking question Lewis."

Harry: "Vik what's gotten into you? You are never like this in school."

I turned to look at him and gave him the coldest, Dad look I could possibly muster. And it must have worked.

Harry: "I think he is in your class."

Vik: "Fucking of course he is."

I looked around and noticed someone that could actually help me out with something. But he mustn't be here yet, I looked back and noticed Aiden was gone, the Callum guy had a smirk on his face, But Mitch and the other new kid seemed oblivious and were talking to m naturally.

Vik: "Where did he go?"

Harry: "What?"

Vik: "Where the fuck did Aiden go?"

Harry: "He walked off towards science, Probably to see Simon, I know those two would get close."

Vik: "I'll kick his ass."

I stormed off and started heading towards the science department before stopping to detour really quickly. Heading over to Mitch and the two kids.

Mitch: "Hey Barn how are you?"

Vik: "I'm fine, Just wondering what happened? I don't mean to sound rude or like I'm intruding Mr Mcginley but Aiden hasn't had the best life so far. Don't take it too personally that he had run off, Especially if you are a hugger."

I mustered the fakes smile I could possibly put on, And because I'm a teacher, they ate it up like cake.

Callum: "Thanks Sir, I was a bit worried I might have hurt him."

While I was a brilliant liar, He was a terrible one and I noticed the tiny little smirk on his face when he mentioned the word hurt. He fucking enjoyed it too didn't he?

Callum: "Do you know where Aiden walked off too? I mean you wee watching us right?"

Vik: "I wasn't watching, Mr Lewis, the other PDHPE teacher over there, We like to stand outside and have a walk around, just making sure the kids are happy and are ok. Mr Lewis has been doing it for a while since he started apparently. I guess I adopted the same strategy in wanting to keep the kids safe. Any means possible."