Chapter 25

Time Skip

Vik's POV

In driving Aiden home from school, I couldn't help but let Lachlan's words fall on my ears, Aiden would never intentionally hurt someone like that would he? Or did he genuinely not care anymore?

Aiden: "Vik?"

Vik: "Yes Aiden?"

Aiden: "What did you say to Josh after I left?"

Vik: "I told him I wanted to quit, that if this is  what it meant to be a teacher, to each students get hurt and abused for no real reason, that I wanted nothing to do with teaching. I was over it because I know what's going on but Josh is too fucking stubborn to realize it."

Aiden: "Wait so, you're not a teacher anymore?"

I chanced a quick look at him and saw his eyes shift, sadness evident in his face as it dropped.

Vik: "I'm still your teacher, I just, took over the investigation into what's happening at school, Essentially what Josh doesn't want to believe in that I need to find evidence against Carly and her group of friends, if we can get rid of them, then we can focus on taking down Mitch."

Aiden: "Wait, yes, yes this is good Vik you have already witnessed first hand what has been happening, how they have targeted my friends as well, Preston will be ecstatic."

Vik: "But, I'm not allowed to get involved with you or your friends, or in any way shape or form take sides, if something happens in class, I can't coddle you or it can be seen as being biased and in favor of you, meaning the students can make it seem like I am simply targeting them, and with more evidence against me, I could lose my job permanently and you at the same time."

Aiden: "No Vik, you can't do that?"

Vik: "I'm sorry but I don't want to lose you."

Aiden: "No, No this is wrong Vik you can't just step aside and watch when you know all that is going on already."

I could listen to him raise and lower his tone all day without ever once getting mad or upset with him. He was going to take it hard, I knew that when I agreed to do this.

Vik: "I am trying to keep you safe."

Aiden: "No you're not. You are trying to save your own ass. Vik you have seen first hand what they are doing, how the school is slowly turning into a bloodbath against us and you are going to just sit on the sidelines and what? Take notes on what's happening, I could have been killed when Fisher and his friends cornered me in the classroom, had we not got there any sooner Preston and Landon would have left school today in a fucking hospital, Vik the only safe one there is Seth, and that's only because everyone is so fucking scared of him that they wouldn't dare hurt him. Cal was beaten and bruised and even I took a kick at him for my own reasons. And what about Preston's other fuck buddy Jerome? Nothing has happened to him yet, Or that Robert kid Chris is trying to get me to be friends with, and even Chris, fuck so many students are getting hurt and abused because of me and Callum and you are just going to let it ha..."

Vik: "I WILL NOT STAND BY AND WATCH YOU BOYS GET HURT WHEN I CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!"

I was so angry, listening to him rant about me being complacent, that I'm just fucking biding time to keep my job and it was pissing me off, I was already trying my fucking hardest to keep them safe. As I parked I looked over to see fear in Aiden's eyes and he was terrified.

Vik: "Aiden?"

I reached out carefully to hold his hand but he flinched and moved backwards towards the door, trying to find the handle before he grabbed his bag and ran from my car crying. I'm just trying to look after him and now, now I scared him off. How the fuck was I supposed to do this? I took a deep breath before getting out of my car and walking calmly up the stairs towards Freya and Aiden's place. I knocked three times before hearing sobbing on the other side.

Aiden: "Vik just go away."

Vik: "Aiden please, I beg you please let me in."

Aiden: "How can I? You can't help us, it's like you don't want to anymore."

Vik: "Aiden please let me in, I'm trying to make things right. I'm trying to solve this, I promise I wouldn't dare put you in immediate danger, ever."

Aiden: "But, You."

Vik: "Aiden please, Please listen to me, I like you way too much, If something happened to you, I wouldn't be standing on the side because I would be collecting evidence, I will be standing on the side because I will kill, anyone, who lays a finger on you."

I could hear him slowly moving behind the door, the door opened slightly, giving me the chance I need to burst around it, pushing it open and closing it behind me, I turned to see Aiden against the wall, watching me with fear in his eyes. I was scaring him, and that in turn scared me. But I took action, I walked over to him, putting my hands gently on his hips as I stared down at him, he was so beautiful, I pressed myself closer before I let my hands guide their way to his, locking his fingers in mine.

Vik: "You are the most beautiful young man I have ever met in my life, and I will be damned, if I ever let anyone come near you."

Aiden: "Vik?"

Vik: "I mean it, if anyone comes near you or tries to hurt you, I will be sacked instantly, I will be taken away in a van, and I will never be heard of again because I will kill them."