Chapter 13

Lachlan's POV

I waked out of my class and just waited for Preston, I'm sure he would be out soon right? But after seeing him walk out slightly angry after talking to Mr Payne, I guess in a way it's not going to be a good day.

Preston: "Oh... hi."

Lachlan: "You look like shit, Are you ok?"

Preston: "I'm fine."

Lachlan: "Are you sure?"

Preston: "Actually yeah, I just need to ring Aiden and then go find Callum."

Lachlan: "Why?"

Preston: "Mr Payne has this idea that he wants both sides to every story, and with every person in this school accusing Aiden of raping Callum and not vice verse, then Mr Payne has a feeling that Callum may be playing the guilt card."

Lachlan: "Why though would Callum go around and say that Aiden raped him? That's huge?"

Preston: "Exactly. But then it also crossed my mind that if it did happen, or if Callum raped Aiden, then why would he just let it all go? And not actually try to solve anything?"

Lachlan: "Yeah, I guess. I mean If it makes it that much more bearable on either side."

I slapped his shoulder as he spoke, not realizing the underlying tone in his voice.

Lachlan: "What?"

Preston: "Bearable on either side? What the hell?"

Lachlan: "I'm sorry, Look you give Aiden a ring and just let him know what's been happening. I'm going to go and find Callum ok?"

Preston: "Alright."

I watched him walk off just as I started to pull my phone from my pocket. Hoping Aiden can help me out with all this, I mean... he has the right to know doesn't he? Well I would have loved to message him but it seems the world had other ideas, I was so focused on the phone call I didn't even see Landon walk around the corner. Knocking into me and making me drop my phone.

Landon: "Fuck Preston I am so sorry I wasn't paying attention are you ok?"

I looked ahead and saw his eyes wide with concern, at least he felt bad. My phone on the other hand had decided to take some stairs to the bottom level.

Landon: "Oh shit."

I saw him race down the stairs damn near taking three at a time and reached down picking it up, I watched him press the button on top, the home button everything before he started swearing again.

Landon: "Uh, Preston... how attached are you to your phone?"

Preston: "How bad is it?"

Landon: "I can't see the screen."

PrestonD "What do you mean you can't see the screen?"

Landon: "Look."

I watched him walk up and show me the phone and sure enough, The screen was fucked. You couldn't make out what was shown, even though it was emitting a faint light. It's safe to say it probably landed on it's side or corner a couple of times before landing face down at the end, so gravity is not my friend I see.

Preston: "Fucking hell."

I pulled my bag from my back and threw it in there. Looks like Aiden will have to wait until later.

Landon: "Preston I'm so fucking sorry man."

Preston: "You know it's fine mate. It happens to people all the time, no use getting worked up over it.,