Chapter 4

Aiden's POV

Aiden: "I said I'm fine, I freaked out, I'm sorry but I'm fine. Please just let me go back to class."

Mr Bradley: "Aiden, from what Vik described you had an episode, you should not head back to a class if something triggered a memory or a horrible feeling or something. Please listen to me."

Aiden: "I would know If I was fine or not, and I am ok, Just let me go back."

Mr Bradley: "Aiden we are only thinking about your safety."

I heard the door open behind me but I didn't care.

Aiden: "AND HOW MANY FUCKING STUDENTS HAVE YOU SAID THAT TO AND ENDED UP LOSING THEM THROUGH ANY MEANS BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW HOW TO FIX THEM!"

I knew I had it in me, I knew I could raise my voice, And I knew it scared people. It scared everyone around me, the quiet kid never raised his voice so when he did, You knew he was upset about something.

Mr Bradley: "I beg your pardon?"

Aiden: "How many students, Have walked in these doors and then left feeling broken, and even more alone than they previously had been? Because you people thought you were miracle workers and could "Fix" them?"

Mr Barn: "Mr Bradley if I May?"

Mr Bradley: "Vik this isn't the time."

Mr Barn: "So we are doing first names now? Josh he has a point, every single time we bring a student to you or a nurse because they are ill or hurt, they always return worse. Not for lack of trying, but because you try too much. You care about your students, we are all your babies and you tell us all the time. But sometimes you don't know everything and you need to try and relax ok? Aiden... You know what happened right?"

Aiden: "Yes sir."

Mr Barn: "And this has happened before right?"

Aiden: "Yes sir. So many times."

Mr Bradley: "He is sick. He needs to see a doctor."

Vik's POV

As soon as Josh said the word, Aiden began thrashing in his chair. Knocking shit over in order to get away from the man. He almost fell backwards off the chair had I not held him from behind, my knee resting against the leg of the chair.

Mr Barn: "Aiden relax, You won't see a doctor."

Aiden: "Enough. Enough, too much, too many it hurts daddy."

I was taken aback by his words. Whatever the fuck has happened to him before today, has clearly left something in his head, and it wasn't good.

Mr Bradley: "He is in no state to return to class."

Mr Barn: "Then I will take him back to Freya's and help him ok?"

Mr Bradley: "At least ring her so she knows you boys are coming."

Mr Barn: "I will. Aiden, mate we have to go ok? We are going to take you home, and I promise you can come back tomorrow and get your work alright?"

All he did was nod through the tears.

Mr Barn: "Aiden I'm going to call Freya ok? Why don't you sit just outside here while I talk to her and Mr Bradley? I'll stop him from making you see someone ok?"

Aiden: "Ok."

I watched him stand up, Fixing up his skirt before he slowly walked out of the room. I turned to see Josh looking at me, almost pained and worried.

Josh: "Vik..."

Vik: "Look Josh, I know you really try, Ok? I do, and I can see it in your eyes while you work, These kids are your life. You would never be able to do anything else. But you need to remember, that just because you are older and are the principle here, doesn't mean you are always right. Sometimes you can't know what is going on, In order to help them ok? It is hard to admit that you don't know everything, but you need to remember. There are things you do not know."