Chapter 44

Aiden's POV

It's been a week now, Toby's stupid social experiment was a success for everyone except for two people that just so happen to be sitting behind me. With Mitch next to me as well, I kept catching him looking over at me and smiling to himself, causing me to blush a little. I think by now people are starting to think something is going on between us. We'll I mean that's a lie. They do think something is going on because Vik and I effectively stopped talking. He tried at first but once I told him I didn't care, he stopped messaging me. I didn't care and I didnt want to hear it. So why am I feeling guilty?

Mitch: "Hey, You Ok?"

Aiden: "Yeah, Just thinking."

Thinking about a lot actually. I can hear people whispering to each other all around the class room but behind me it started to get a little louder.

Jay: "Michael please you know it's a lie."

Michael: "Right."

Jay: "I've given up everything to keep you safe, to love you and care for you, why the hell would I go and throw you away? I love you way too much to let you go."

Michael: "I don't care, I've had enough of your bullshit just leave me alone."

I watched him turn back to face Tobi who had just started going on about something, related to someone. That I don't care about. Well that class was easy what's for lunch?

Michael: "I'm breaking up with you."

I heard the class gasp as they all turned around to face me... Oh wait hang on. I moved my seat to the left slightly so I was closer to the wall. I tried so hard but I couldn't help but turn to face Mitch, a worried look spread across his face as if he was trying to find something to say.

Jay: "Michael?"

Michael stood up as his name was called. Checked his phone for a second and left the room. Telling Tobi he just wanted to go and run some cold water over his face and get a drink, He will be back soon. But Jay on the other hand was a mess. His eyes were watering like mad and his face just, he looked like he had just been completely heart broken.

Mitch: "Fuck. Uh Jay?"

Jay: "No. Mitch, Please, not right now Ok?"

He pulled his head into his hands and rest it on the desk as the rest of the class started whispering again. This time I knew it was about them, and no one was happy. In fact, looking around the room. Everyone seemed kind of upset. I looked back at Mitch and felt a pang of guilt. Knowing the past week was probably the best week of my life. And now I'm here while Jay is in tears and heart broken, and I can't help but remember when Mitch held me on the couch as we watched movies. His arms around me while we played video games to keep me warm and safe. And when we slept. He wanted to hold me close, so he knew I was safe. He was so nice and careful with me, not wanting to make me feel pressured. Giving that perfect amount of silence and affection while maintaining the normal distance so as to not freak me out. He's beautiful... What?

Tobi: "Guys cut the chatter down and focus."

After ten minutes, Michael came back but was silent as I heard Jay's muffled cries. I turned to look at Michael to see him just staring at the boy, Tears in his eyes as I watched the moment he snapped, or clicked, or something. But his whole face shifted, His whole body flinched and he looked directly at me. His eyes bore into mine as if drills. His face contorted to anger and sadness but then instantly faded when he looked towards Mitch. His face changed to confusion.

Michael: "Are you two a thing?"

The class was listening I'm sure, even Tobi had stopped writing on the board to make sure we weren't going to start something.