24

Lachlan's POV

Watching as Aiden stood over Cal's body as he cowered in fear on the ground made me feel so... Angry. Then when Aiden kicked him once, I know why he did it, I understand why he did it, be he shouldn't have done it.

Carly: "You're not so innocent are you Mr Nightingale?"

Aiden: "For years, he raped me, abused me and treated me like dirt. I'm not happy with what I did. In fact I'm down right disgusted in myself, but when you go through something like that. And then the world hands you the perfect chance to take revenge. You take it, and you relish in it. So no I'm not happy about what I did and I'm not anywhere near being like you pathetic cunts, I did it for myself, And that's all that matters. Jay let Lachlan go, he's going to want to help Cal."

As Jay let me go, I burst out of his hold and ran to my boy still semi conscious on the ground, pulling him up to my lap and away from the other creatures.

Aiden: "Lachlan?"

Lachlan: "YOU STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM US!"

Cal: "Relax Lachy. It's OK."

Lachlan: "He just..."

Cal: "I know, and I don't blame him. Just help me get to the nurse. I feel so bad."

Lachlan: "OK. OK hang on I got you."

As I slowly picked him up, helping him to his feet as I myself couldn't carry him myself. I looked over at Aiden watching us before he walked off towards his friends. Probably Preston and Landon... Poor Landon, I couldn't even tell him about Cal. He just, broke up with me. Maybe that's why I've clung to Cal? Maybe that's why I have such an intense need to protect him. Is it because Landon doesn't love me anymore? Do I still love him?

Cal: "Let's go... That way."

Lachlan: "That's away from the nurse you dick head. Lean on me mate, I gotcha."

As we hobbled our way through the quad, I could hear horrible disrespectful and downright cruel names thrown at Cal and even some at myself. These people need to understand that we can't all be horrible people and just kick the weak while they are down, I've spoken with an acknowledge the fact that he does genuinely want to change himself, he has been fighting for so long... I think it's time someone held him.

Cal: "Ah... Stairs."

I chuckled lightly before slowly helping him up the stairs. He was doing great considering he just got beat to a pulp.

Cal: "Do you think I could change?"

Lachlan: "Sorry?"

Cal: "Do you think I could change myself? Like, become a better person, someone that maybe one day people can look up to instead of, well, this?"

Lachlan: "I have a feeling if you genuinely mean it, that you genuinely want to change yourself for the better, then you could absolutely become a better person. Of course it will take time and hard work, as not everyone is a forgiving person but, I believe in you."

Cal: "Guess I gotta keep trying then."

Lachlan: "You'll be fine. I promise."

Cal: "Promise?"

Lachlan: "Yeah. Hey come on..."

I turned to face him and noticed him shift himself upwards onto his feet at face level to mine. He leaned forward and captured me in a kiss, Grunting and moaning on his own as he tried to keep himself up. I wrapped my arms around him as his landed over my shoulders. A few moments later, as he pulled away, I watched him smile once before closing his eyes and going limp in my arms.