Chapter 1

Kenny Edmonds

Hi, my name is Kenny and I'm 18 years old. I go to Severn High School. It's my senior year and I plan on going to Princeton University to study Theology. That's right, I want to become a pastor.

"Kenny baby do you have everything packed for tomorrow?" My mom asked.

"Yes ma'am." I replied. My mom is going on a business trip to Washington for the next month and a half. It's a long way from Maryland so Pastor Braxton decided to let me crash at his house. I'm excited because he's my biggest inspiration. I wanna be just like him and it's cool that I get to follow him around and watch him do his church duties. I'm excited.

*******************************

Toni Braxton

My name is Toni and I go to Severn High School. I just turned 18 last week and it was fun just hanging with my girls. Taraji and Janet are two of my closest friends we do everything together.  I'm not really sure what I wanna do after high school but I know it's gonna have something to do with music.

"Toni, mommy wants you." My baby sister Tamar said. She's 8 going on 30 but I love her.

"I'm coming." I said putting on my shoes.

"Toni can you please make sure the guest room looks presentable for your father's house guest?" Mommy said as I stood in the doorway of my parents' bedroom.

"Daddy said the guest room is too dusty."

"Well dust it."

"The fuck I look like? Molly the maid?" I mumbled walking out of the room.

I don't know who this house guest is but they better not get on my damn nerves when they get here.