Chapter 13

Kenny

I walked into the house and saw all of the girls except Toni sitting in the living room with their parents.

"I want Toni back!" Tamar cried as Traci hugged her.

"Dad can you guys give her another chance?" Towanda asked.

"No! Your sister's behavior will not be tolerated in this house!" He said making poor Tamar cry harder. "Kenny come in and have a seat we were just discussing the fact that Toni no longer lives here anymore."

I was in shock. I wanted to ask why but I was afraid to.

"Well, where is she?" Trina asked.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?! Daddy what if something happens to her? Mommy please tell me you're not okay with this." Traci said. Ms. Evelyn said nothing allowing Mr. Braxton to speak for her.

"Yes she is okay with it. Toni knew when she started acting out that these could be the consequences. Whatever happens to her will be on her."

"I hate it here!! I want my sister!!" Tamar yelled before running upstairs. Trina went after her as Towanda shook her head at her father. She and Traci followed the other two leaving me alone with their parents.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Kenny. I'm glad you're still a good Christian boy. I don't know what I'd do if I had allowed my daughter to taint you." Mr. Braxton said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh come on Kenny, I know you've seen her behavior. After all, you did have to pick her up from a friend's house because she was too wasted to drive home. I heard she's been singing and dancing in some club and on top of all that, she's been having sex. The girl had an abortion for Christ sake." He said.

I didn't know what to say. Now I know why she needed the money. I feel horrible for letting out her secret. But...

"Mr. B? How did you know about her working in the club?"

"I got calls from some of the church members. They kept telling me about a video of her that someone took. I couldn't watch it but Evelyn did. When I heard her voice I knew it was her." He said making my eyes widen.

*******************************

Toni

"Thanks for letting me crash here Keri." I said as he sat on the couch next to me. Keri got emancipated at 16 and he's been on his own for about 2 years now. His mother barely took care of him and he never knew his father, so it wasn't that bad for him. He has his own apartment not too far away from the school.

"No problem. After all it is my fault you got kicked out." He said.

"I wouldn't say that..."

"Are you kidding me? If I had used a condom, you wouldn't have gotten pregnant. If you hadn't gotten pregnant, you wouldn't have gotten an abortion and your parents wouldn't have kicked you out."

"Well when you put it that way..." I said as we both chuckled. "But seriously, it wasn't all you."

"How so?"

I never told him about the club, but since the whole school knows courtesy of Kenny, I guess I'll tell him.

"I worked at a cabaret gentlemen's club. My dad somehow found out and that set him off too. I just don't know how..."

"Well T, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...there's a video." He said pulling out his phone.

"What?!"

After watching the video I was speechless. Who could have done this?

"Who sent you this?" I asked.

"Some teammates of mine. They said it came from the church nerd's phone. I'm sorry Toni."

"That bastard! After everything I've done for him! I can't believe he would do this..."

With new popularity, Kenny had some cruel ways but I never thought he would be this bad. I created this monster but I'm gonna destroy him one way or another.

"I'm sorry T, I feel like this is my fault. I should have protected you instead of being an asshole." Keri said breaking my train of thought.

"Where is this maturity coming from Mr. Lewis?" I asked a little shocked at his demeanor.

"I guess being alone made me grow up and take responsibility. I sucked as a boyfriend because I was so immature. I'm sorry."

I slightly smiled before he leaned in and kissed me. I pulled away and asked him what he was doing.

"Toni I want us to get back together. I miss you." He said. I kissed him back as I laid down on the couch. I moaned into the kiss as his hands went under my skirt. I liked Kenny, I still do. But knowing that he sold me out completely made me hate him. Maybe he and I weren't meant to be. Maybe Keri is the only one who has my back at the end of the day.