Chapter 17

Toni

"What's wrong Tone?" Ken asked sitting next to me on his bed. We were back at his house now.

"You know our parents are gonna kill us when they find out about this right?" I asked and he sighed.

"Well we don't have to tell them."

"I wish it was that easy."

"I know something that will cheer you up."

"What?"

"Ice cream." He said with a smile.

"Ken ice cream can't solve everything."

"This ice cream will." He lead me downstairs and into the kitchen. "Go ahead and take it out, I'll be right back."

I shrugged as I opened the freezer and pulled out the ice cream before getting a couple bowls from the cabinets. As soon as I turned around I froze.

"Surprise!" My sisters said. I hugged them all so tightly they could barely breathe."I missed you guys so much!!" I said excitedly.

"We missed you too. Daddy is so strict now." Traci said.

"Yeah he was strict before but now it's worse." Towanda added as I sighed. It my fault he's acting like prison warden with them. "We tried asking him to let you come back but he won't."

"It's okay. I'll figure something out. Does he know you're here?"

They all shook their heads no.

"We told him we were going to the store. Kenny called and we really wanted to see you so we just made something up." Trina said.

"I love you girls." I said as we all did a group hug. "Now, go on home. I'm sure he's wondering what's taking so long."

"Bye Toni." Tamar said sadly.

I waved trying to hide my sadness with smile. After they left Kenny came and hugged me from behind.

"You okay?"

"Great." I said inaudibly.

"Toni, stuffing your mouth with ice cream to hide your feelings won't help."

I stuff another spoonful of cookie dough ice cream in my mouth. Even though my dad and I aren't getting along, I miss my family and in a few days I'll be all alone. When Kenny's mother comes back I'll have to leave.

"I know you miss them but I'm sure your dad will forgive you sooner or later." He continued.

"You don't know Pastor Braxton like you think you do." I said.

He sighed as I put everything away. I turned to him and kissed his lips. He was about to say something until I but my finger over his lips. "I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"Then what do you wanna do?"

I whispered in his ear and he raised his eyebrows. "You're so bad." He said as he followed me upstairs.

*******************************

Kenny

"Ken, wait." Toni said making me pause mid-thrust.

"What's wrong?"

"Did you hear something?"

"Oh gosh. Toni I told you not to watch that scary movie. You've been paranoid ever since." I chuckled.

"Maybe you're right."

We started up again and she was moaning as I picked up my pace. It was going great until I heard my door open.