Chapter 34

Trigger Warning: Racial Slurs will be towards the end. Please feel free to skip that!

"BP is dropping, 87/54. He's losing a lot of blood." Doctors and nurses were moving at a rapid pace as they moved Lorenzo in side the compound. It was and all hand on deck situation as they they yelled across one another to save his life. "He's going into hypovolemic shock." the nurse yelled as his breathing increased

Being quickly transferred to a bed they rolled him through a set of double doors, leaving us in the waiting room.

"What does that mean? What's happening?" Alice's voice was filled with worry.

"It means his body is shutting down." I said naturally in a monotone voice looking directly at the floor. I could feel all eyes on me. "He's hemorrhaging."

"What the hell happened in there? Almost everyone is dead." Donny stood up in pure outrage. He looked like he could barely walk let alone stand. "Once this gets out no one is going to want to fuck with us. You're letting things slip through the cracks Ryder."

"I have been putting my ass on the line for this. Putting things on hold. I am fucking up my reputation as a lawyer for this and your saying I'm letting things slip." Ryder was so close to Donny's face. "I am risking my life keeping your dumbass safe and trying to find out where this drunk is all of the damn time." He said pointing at Dahlia.

"Hey, don't drag me into your fucked up situation." She pointed to Donny. "He's the asshole who can't take care of himself and always needs your help. I can handle myself. I have been handling myself throughout this whole thing. You throw a piece of ass in front of his face and he chases after it."

"Oh please Dahlia your head has been so far up Kieran's ass that you can't see what's going on around you." Donny snapped. "Speaking of which, where is your beau? I didn't see him one time during the gunfire."

"Kieran doesn't need to be with me 24-hours a day, Donny. I don't have to keep a watch on him like you do with that puttane (whores) you bring to the compound."

"You really shouldn't throw stones at glass houses, Dahl. As I remember correctly you let him in the compound and six of our men died at the docks." He spat out, and Ryder chuckled.

"What the fuck are you laughing at this is the second time you let one of our family members almost die. In my opinion you suck at leading us."

My brows furrowed in confusion at her statement. When did he almost let someone die? According to Ryder Thomas was already dead. He was no longer laughing, just glaring at her.

"Stop it all of you!" Alice said. "Your father is lying in that bed fighting for his life and you're all at each other's throats." Tears began to run down her cheeks. "This is exactly what Frank wants. He wanted the same thing when he killed Thomas and he's getting it right now. You are family and we fuck up yes, but no one is innocent in this. Right now we need to come together as a family and figure out how to get rid of those assholes once and for all."

All of them had their heads lowered in shame. The door opened behind us and we all looked up to see Kieran coming through the door with another guy hot on his trail.

"Where the fuck were you?" Dahlia walked over to him and slapped him so hard you could hear it echo through the halls.

"Damn, woman. That hurt so good." She went to slap him again and he grabbed her wrist. "We shouldn't have this conversation in public, love. But to answer your question I was meeting with one of my men." She eyed him skeptically. " I'd gotten a phone call from him to meet me at the bar. We got hit, but as soon as I heard what happened.  I had my brother rush me out here." He pointed at the guy standing next to him.