two ; rebellious child

ii. rebellious child

━ ❝ life's a lie ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

WE ALL LIVE in a haze. A world we think we know, but really, we don't. We live in a world that keeps the truth from us and lies. Lies for either their own good or to protect another. Melody lived in a haze. A haze called the Dark Curse. Where she was now named Isabelle and was the daughter of the mayor of StoryBrooke. And now she had a brother, just not the brother she had in the Enchanted Forest. Henry Mills a boy Regina had adopted "along" with Isabelle. Isabelle resembled much of her real self from the Enchanted Forest. Kind, caring, smart, beautiful, but in this world, she wasn't broken. She wasn't in pain. She didn't remember the past with her father or her biological brother who was now the owner of the local Pawn shop. 

The teenage girl was a lot happier and didn't cry herself to sleep at night because her mind was wiped of the hard past she carried. Regina was happy her daughter became a happier person. and she knew that the decision she made was right. Twenty-eight years later that all shattered when Henry's birth mother, Emma Swan, came to town.

That's when things started to change.

———

Birds chirping, the sun shining: it all resembled the start of a new day. Isabelle always felt energetic in the mornings and for the past two weeks, she's been feeling a lot more vigorous. Mostly because of the "talk of the town", Emma Swan who happened to be Henry's birth mother. Isabelle knew her mother didn't like the blonde being in town very much but Isabelle couldn't help but enjoy the older women's company. She noticed how Emma had trust issues and the fact that she trusted Isabelle made the younger girl feel devoted to showing Emma she could handle that trust with care. 

Isabelle made her way down the stairs after getting ready and then exited the house. Henry had left on the bus already and Regina was at work. Isabelle missed the bus purposefully because she really wanted to see Emma. The teenage girl hoped the blonde wouldn't care that she was ditching school. Once Isabelle arrived at the apartment complex where Emma was staying, she caught sight of Mr. Gold exiting the building. Isabelle━being the polite person she was━greeted the pawn shop owner with a smile on her pink lips. 

Mr. Gold looked startled for a moment but then smiled back. "Good morning to you too Miss Mills." He nodded curtly to her and walked down the sidewalk, out of sight. 

Isabelle entered the apartment complex and then knocked on the door of Mary Margaret's apartment. Emma opened the door and was greeted by the brunette who smiled wide. At first, the blonde greeted her with a smile but then it fell once she realized something. "Why aren't you at school?"