twenty-one

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

This Is The End

━━━━━━━━

DAVID AND EMMA HELD THEIR GUNS up as they entered Regina's office. They looked around before lowering them down.

"It's okay. She's not here," Emma shouted to the others who were waiting outside the room.

Henry, Melody, and Mary Margaret entered, Mary Margaret's arms protectively around the two. Even though Melody didn't need it, she didn't brush the former bandit off.

"When you find her, you're not gonna hurt her, right?" Henry asked.

David looked around the office and Melody slowly detached herself from Mary Margaret.

"No. We just want the beans she stole from us," Emma replied as she too looked around.

"I don't get it. Why would Regina leave her office unlocked?" Melody wondered out loud as she walked further into the room.

"Especially when she's keeping the beans here," David added, walking over to the glass container that previously held the beans.

They all walk over to a small container where a bean plant should be growing.

"Was keeping them here. They're gone," Mary Margaret said.

Emma, who was behind them, spoke up.

"Something's not right. Regina would never leave evidence like this behind."

"Maybe she already used them to portal out of Storybrooke," David offered.

"Without Henry and Melody? I don't think so."

Henry and Melody turned and Melody looked concerned.

"What if something happened to her?" she said.

"Security system says the last time someone was in the office was around 6:00 this morning."

Emma pressed a key to reveal the system was overridden. Her eyebrows raised in confusion.

"They used an override code to get in," Emma observed.

David walked over to her, looking confused.

"Why would Regina need an override code on her own alarm?" he asked.

"She wouldn't."

"You think someone else broke in and took the beans?" Melody questioned.

"Well, we haven't found Regina anywhere and haven't heard from her," Emma pointed out.

A bad feeling erupted in the pit of Melody's stomach once more and she frowned. It was too much of a coincidence. Tamara had to be behind this, she just had that feeling.