thirty-three

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

The Sacrifice To Last A Lifetime

━━━━━━━━

I understand some of you may think this chapter is "unrealistic", but I apologize. I couldn't think of anything else.

━━━━━━━━

WHY WAS SHE DOING THIS? How could she just go with this? It was selfish and she hated it. Melody didn't know what to do though. Help Pan, her only blood family? Or help the people she's grown to care about and call family? All that she wished for, all that she wanted, was a family. All she wanted was her family to accept her dad and let him live normally, not hate him, not want to kill him for what he's done.

Melody hated that she had chosen him over them. But in the end, she had to choose. And then at the same time, she hated that there were sides. There was the people against Pan and then the people with Pan.

It almost made her want to shout and cry. Why couldn't they all just get a happy ending? Why couldn't they all just be a family?

---

Night had fallen and Melody, Pan, and Felix were walking toward the wishing well, which was where Pan was going to start the curse.

"You never cease to amaze me, Peter. Outwitting the Evil Queen in less than a day. It's impressive," Felix complimented.

Melody smirked. The two were still shocked at the fact that they liked each other and were still awkwardly standing next to each other.

"She loves the boy. That makes her weak," Pan responded. Melody rolled her eyes and sighed. They reached the wishing well, she leaned against it. "This is it. This is where we'll cast it. The ingredients?"

Felix handed him a bag and Melody pulled out a strand of her hair, handing it to Felix who put it in the potion bottle, which made the substance glow blue. He then handed it to Pan who took it along with the other ingredients.

"When it's done, what will we do?" Felix asked Pan.

"We will live as the family we wanted to be," he told them. He looked at Melody and Felix with a smile. "The three of us."

Melody smiled slightly and watched as Pan continued to set out the ingredients, dropping them into the well.

Soon, Pan had gotten all of the ingredients and then took the potion with Melody strand of hair. He pulled out a heart and the teen pursed her lip.

"So um... where did you get the heart?" she asked.

"No worries Melody, I got it from one of the unloyal Lost Boys."