twenty-four

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

It's Not My Fault

━━━━━━━━

THE SLEEP FELT NICE and Melody was grateful that she could finally lay down and gather up her strength from helping save StoryBrooke. But it seemed as though it was too soon because there was a rustling sound - and on instinct - her eyes shot open and she swung around to face Felix who was standing beside the bed, hands in the air.

"Sorry, Melody."

She glared at him and laid back down, stuffing her face into her pillow. "What do you want Felix?"

Felix was silent for a moment before taking a deep breath.

"He'll be here soon."

Melody froze and she looked at him. Her heart started racing and her whole body stood still. Her father would be right outside that door. The one person she didn't want to face. The one person despite everything they've done, she couldn't hate. Even if she said she did, deep down, she didn't. Because though he abandoned her, he was still her blood. He was still her father. And her gut told her that she didn't know the truth behind her abandonment. Her gut told her that something didn't add up.

The teen realized that Felix was standing there awkwardly, waiting for her to respond. She opened her mouth to say something but her nerves wouldn't let her. The second in command seemed to notice it and his eyes grew concerned as he sat by her.

"Melody. I get that you're nervous, but he is too. Think about it! He's the one who..." Felix didn't dare say the word so he continued. "He could've made a different choice. Things could've been different. Just think about how he feels."

But that was just the thing. How did he feel? Was he truly nervous to face her? It made her want to laugh. Why would he be nervous if he made the choice, no one else did? This seemed to only raise her questions as to what lied in the truth.

"Ok," Melody nodded slowly.

Felix stood up and left the room. Melody sat up and pulled the covers off of her, sitting criss-cross, closing her eyes. She took a deep breath and blocked everything out. I can do this, she told herself. I'm strong.

---

Emma was sleeping peacefully when she woke up to the sound of children crying. She sprang up and looked around, she grabbed her sword and looked over at her parents that were sleeping, not having heard the crying. The blonde took a deep breath and then trekked into the jungle, following after the sound.

She turned around and then a voice sounded.

"You hear that, too?" Emma spun around and pointed her sword at Pan, although she wasn't aware it was him. "You're Emma, right? I wonder why I can't hear the crying."