five ; selfish liar

v. selfish liar

━ ❝ waking from a dream ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

GETTING HER MEMORIES back only made it harder to watch as families reunited after the curse broke. The young girl watched as Ruby and Granny embraced and she smiled a sad smile. The two people she wanted to see were no-shows. And it just happened to be that one of those people didn't care at all. Melody could only hope that her brother did.

The sun seemed to shine brighter and there were smiles plastered on everyone's faces. Except for Melody's. But she couldn't help but smile when she saw Mary Margaret and David making their way toward her with big — warm smiles. Mary Margaret embraced her and Melody embraced her back.

"It's so good to see you, Melody." 

The girl laughed slightly. "It's good to see you too, Snow." The two pulled away and David and Melody then embraced. Melody had always loved the caring nature of the two. Even if their undying optimism seemed never-ending. Then at the same time, their optimism always got her to look on the bright side of things. David and Melody pulled apart and Mary Margaret smiled.

"Now, I got to find my daughter," she sighed. Melody smiled back and then before she could say anything, someone spoke from behind them.

"So, it's true," Emma spoke up. The three turned around to see Emma standing with a mask on her face. But the teen could see that the blonde was struggling to keep herself composed. The fact that her parents were standing right in front of her after all these years was a shock to Emma. Especially since she'd talked to Mary Margaret quite a lot. Melody couldn't imagine herself in the blonde's spot. And much to her despair, she would never be. Because her father wasn't there.

Mary Margaret went over to Emma and cupped her face as she smiled in disbelief. She then proceeded to hug her daughter but Emma did not respond in any way. Mary Margaret didn't care as she felt her eyes water.

"You found us," she smiled. David took a few steps forward and then joined in on the hug. Henry walked over and hugged Melody. 

The brunette looked over and down at her brother with a raised eyebrow. "What was that for?" 

Henry smiled and then shrugged lightly. "For being an awesome sister." Melody couldn't help the smile that stretched across her face and so she hugged her older brother back. Setting her head on top of his.

"Thanks, Henry. And I'm sorry for not believing you." 

Henry pulled away and then smiled understandingly. "It's ok Melody. I get it. You didn't remember." Melody smiled more at him saying her real name and then turned to Emma, Mary Margaret, and David who were all watching them.