twenty-two

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Be Strong For Me

━━━━━━━━

THE NEXT DAY FELT DULL. Everything blended together in a mix of grey. But yet the sun shone bright and the sky was blue. Melody felt void. She didn't know if it was the fact that she knew she was going to die or if it was the fact that she lost another person she cared about. Maybe it was both.

The teen followed Emma, David, and Mary Margaret as they arrived at the park where Henry was, Gold sitting nearby, watching.

"Gold. What are you doing here?" David asked when they reached him.

"Well, my son made it clear I'm to stay away from him, so I'm spending some time with my grandson instead," Gold replied.

"Emma, why don't you take Melody and go talk to Henry, and we'll handle this," Mary Margaret said to her daughter.

Emma and Melody walked over to Henry and Emma smiled sadly at him.

"Hey guys," Henry greeted.

"Henry, hey," Emma said.

"Hey Henry," Melody greeted, trying to smile.

Henry noticed but smiled back nonetheless. He knew that his sister was trying to best she could to be the stronger one out of the two of them. Though he knew how Melody was feeling. Back over by Gold, Mary Margaret and David get ready to break the news to Gold.

"Mr. Gold, we have some news to share with you, and it's not good," Mary Margaret started.

"Not interested," Gold replied.

"It's about your son," David explained.

"Yeah, what about him."

"Tamara shot him."

Gold looked over at them, looking concerned for his son. "What? Is he dead?"

"They used a bean to open a portal. Neal was hurt so badly that he fell through. He's gone," David announced.

Gold let out a breath and looked away from them, looking back at his sister who was with Henry and Emma.

"Bae wasn't supposed to die," he said quietly.

"Greg and Tamara-they took something from Regina-a magical trigger. A fail-safe in the curse that could destroy Storybrooke," David told him.

"Or they activate it, it's a self-destruct. Everyone not born in this world will die," Mary Margaret added.

"I know this is hard, but we need your help."

"No," Gold denied.

David and Mary Margaret looked appalled.