twenty

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Strong Suspicions

━━━━━━━━

THE CLOCK CHIMED AND EVERYONE below didn't even realize that inside the clock tower, the one and only Captain Hook sat tied up, with a bag over his head. Hook kept a cool demeanor but couldn't help but say something sarcastic.

"Actually, I prefer it with the lights on." Greg and Tamra removed the bag from over his head and Hook smirked. "I've spent enough time below deck to not be afraid of the dark, so if this is your idea of torture, well you're just gonna have to try a little harder."

"Torture you? No, we just want to offer you a job," Greg replied.

"Oh. And then you're gonna let me go?" Hook asked, then he laughed. "Oh, I'm sorry, I already did that last job. I killed Rumplestiltskin, protected Melody from that thing she calls her brother. I'm sated. Replete. My life's purpose met."

"I wish I could have been there, to see you stab the Dark One," Tamara scoffed crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, look who's up to speed."

"I'm a quick learner."

"Then you know my work is done!"

"Yeah, I don't think so. Take a look," Greg said. He and Tamara pushed the chair Hook is tied to the window and handed him a telescope. He grabbed it and picked it up. Looking through, he saw something that made his blood boil. There he was, Rumplestiltskin, walking with Lacey.

"No. No!" Hook denied, shaking his head in anger.

"He's alive, Hook," Tamara revealed.

"He beat you. Now, this guy has some powerful magic here, mate. He's untouchable. You'll never get another chance to take him down. And you'll never get Melody back," Greg taunted.

But Hook was too angry to hear the tone of his voice. All he could think about was the fact that he had failed in killing The Dark One and protecting Melody.

"Oh, I will. I will indeed," Hook said.

"Not unless we help you," Tamara responded.

"How can you help me?"

"We know how to kill magical creatures."

"And the price?"

"I need you to help me find someone. My father. He was taken in this town a long time ago," Greg said.

"Why the bloody hell do you think I'll be able to help you find your father?" Hook asked.

"Because you know the woman who took him-- Regina. Do we have a deal?"