seven ; when it burns

vii. when it burns

━ ❝ that strange sensation ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

LIVING IN A fairytale world can be odd sometimes, considering Melody had been under a curse — believing she was normal like everyone else in the world — whereas she was actually a fairytale character herself. And because of her thinking she was normal under the curse, she had watched basically every Disney movie. So when she saw a guy in leather with a hook on one hand, she instantly knew who he was.

"Hello, Hook," Cora greeted when she and Melody apparated to a beachside.

The pirate smirked slightly. "Hello, Cora. You told me you had something important you needed to show me." He hadn't turned around just yet so he was unaware of the girl with the sorceress.

"Well, two things actually. First, this is the girl that I spoke to you about."

He turned to her and Melody saw he looked absolutely nothing like the Disney movie. She was surprised to be met by icy blue eyes and raven hair. Pain floated in them and she couldn't bring herself to hate him for some reason. "Aye. You must be Melody."

Melody just nodded, biting her tongue to keep a sarcastic comment. Hook took her silence as her being shy so he looked at Cora who seemed to take it the same way. "Now Melody, I told you I wasn't going to hurt you and you were going to be able to see your mother again, so there's no need to be shy," Cora said softly.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Please." She looked at Hook. "Yes, I'm Melody Mills. A pleasure I'm sure. And as for why I didn't say anything... well I'm not sure you would like to hear what I have to say." It was the best she could come up with at the moment. She wasn't proud, but what else could she have said? Eh, she could've said anything else really.

Hook smirked and chuckled lightly. "I'll keep that in mind."

Cora, moving onto the next important thing, held up the vile of wardrobe ash. Melody saw and rose an eyebrow. From an outsider's point of view, they would've just seen dirt that held no use. But even she could feel the magical aura it released.

"Sparkly dirt. Wonderful," Hook commented. Apparently, he didn't. Melody couldn't help but smirk. It seemed as though he could be just as sarcastic and sassy as her.

"Just the remains of a magical wardrobe that can travel between worlds," Cora replied as though it was the simplest thing in the world.

Melody nodded again. "Yep, that's totally not important at all." They both ignored her which pissed her off. Adults. It was funny because that's exactly something Pan would say. Of course, this was unbeknownst to her. She didn't know anything about what her father had become.