nine ; worst grandmother of the year

ix. worst grandmother of the year

━ ❝ congrats ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

IT WAS SILENT for most of the time while Melody and Hook waited for Cora to arrive. Neither knew what to say and Hook choose that is was better not to ask about the teen's past to make small talk. After all, she was extremely touchy about the subject. He didn't wish to push her further into the hole she created for herself that kept her from all of the bad things in her life. So it wasn't until footsteps echoed through the cave did they finally say something. "It's time," Melody smirked.

Hook nodded and the two of them went into the shadows. Cora entered the pit and looked straight at the cage where Aurora was no longer in. Her eyes filled with rage and Melody spoke up, sounding much like her father, just the female version of him. "Looking for someone?"

Cora turned to them and glared. "Oh, don't tell me you two were dumb enough to let her go."

"She was never going to give you what you wanted anyway," Melody pointed out, shifting onto her other foot, glaring slightly at the older woman, and crossing her arms over her chest. To be completely honest, she was not afraid of what Cora would do to them. Her so-called grandmother didn't scare her anymore because she knew deep down that something just wasn't right. Almost like Cora wasn't all that bad.

"So, you two freed her. And stuck around for the petty satisfaction of seeing me suffer?"

Hook smirked with glee. "Oh, watching you suffer is a tempting motivation, but it wasn't that." Man was it fun to mess with people. He didn't care what happened to him either. So that's what kept him going with the constant teasing and pushing the limits. 

Cora narrowed her eyes "Well, then you must have a death wish." She went but Melody was quick to act and let her hand fly up and, beginning to choke the older woman with her magic.

"Melody," Hook warned. 

The brunette rolled her eyes and then dropped her hand, releasing Cora. She didn't like being told what to do but kept silent about it. Her grandmother didn't appreciate her action from the way her lips turned up into a sneer.  "You have some nerve, girl. I should kill you."

"You probably should, you won't though," she replied with a growing smirk.

"Oh, really? Why's that?"

Her finger jabbed toward pirate beside her. "Because we got you an early birthday present! It's in Hook's satchel." The sass she displayed remind Cora of herself when she was younger. And it would've amused her if the situation were in a different stance. When the sorceress questioned her as to what it was and she rolled her eyes. "Why am I going to tell you? It's supposed to be a surprise."