fourteen

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

I'm Fine

━━━━━━━━

THE NERVES FROM GOLD WERE CLEARLY FELT BY EMMA AND MELODY WHO STOOD BY ALONG WITH HENRY AS THE FOUR GAZED UP AT THE APARTMENT COMPLEX. Henry was too excited to meet another fairytale character to even see the way Gold's shoulders were tense, and his hands slightly shaking at his sides.

"Is this the right place?" Melody asked, looking over at her brother.

"Yes, it is," he replied, not looking over to her.

Emma let out a sigh. "Let me guess. He's not expecting you. Well, who doesn't love a surprise?"

---

The lobby was empty when they entered and Melody was relieved that they wouldn't have to deal with anyone. She walked up to the list of names on the intercom and clicked her tongue when she found nothing.

"No 'Baelfire'."

"Yeah, that probably wouldn't fly as an alias. Your magic globe didn't give you an apartment number?" Emma asked Gold.

The Dark One rolled his eyes. "It doesn't work that way."

"Well it should," Melody retorted with a smirk.

Her brother rolled his eyes again and looked at the lists. The blonde went and stood on the other side and looked as well.

"Do any of these names mean anything to you?" she asked.

"Well, names are what I traffic in, but sadly, no," Gold told her.

Melody ran her finger down the list, searching again when her finger stopped at one apartment number that was blank,

"Here he is."

"Or, it could just be vacant," Gold pointed out.

"You might traffic in names and magic, but one thing I know about someone not wanting to be found, they wouldn't be dumb enough to put their real name or an alias."

Emma nodded in agreement. "Melody's right. I traffic in finding people who don't want to be found. And those sort of folks don't like to advertise their whereabouts." She pressed the buzzer and moved closer to the speaker. "U.P.S. package for four-oh-seven."

There was silence on the other line and then the person hung up.

"Maybe you should've said FedEx," Henry suggested.

The brunette beside him gave him a look, unimpressed, and was about to snap at him when there was a rustle. The four looked up at the fire escape to where the noise came from.

Melody was about to scold him when there was a noise coming from the fire escape outside. "He's running," she realized.

The four of them rushed outside, where they saw the apartment occupant climb down the fire escape, hit the floor, and then break into a run.