thirty-six

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

This Is It

━━━━━━━━

LATER IN THE DAY, PAN WOKE UP to someone shaking him gently. Pan opened his eyes to see Melody's nurse. The tray of dinner on the cart beside the bed. He looked down at Melody and saw that the young girl was still on his chest.

"I just came a brought breakfast for the two of you," the nurse said quietly, so she wouldn't wake up Melody.

"Thank you," Pan mouthed to her. The nurse nodded and walked out of the room. Pan took his hand and smoothed down Melody's hair. "Melody."

Melody stirred and then opened her eyes. She let out a groan of annoyance.

"You can still sleep if you're still tired. But the food's here," Pan said softly.

Melody shook her head lightly. "No, it's fine. I'll eat."

Pan helped her sit up and he brought over the tray. Melody dug into her chicken and Pan chuckled as he ate his.

"What?" Melody questioned when she saw him laughing slightly. "Are you laughing at me?"

She smiled slightly as Pan shook his head.

"It's nothing," he lied.

Melody nodded unconvinced, trying to force down the smile with no progress. "Right sure..."

Pan smiled and they continued to eat. Once they finished, Pan put the plates on the cart.

"Can you help me up. I need to take a shower and stretch," Melody said.

"Of course," Pan replied.

He went around and let Melody grabbed onto his shoulders. The teen felt bad for putting all of her weight on him so she tried to hurry and get on her feet. But Pan noticed and stopped her.

"Take your time," he told her softly.

Melody smiled at him shyly. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize."

Melody slowly got to the floor and Pan helped her to the door.

"Do you need help in there? I can call Regina, Emma, or Mary Margaret for you," Pan offered.

Melody nodded. "Can you call Regina."

"Yeah sure. Here," Pan said. He led her to sit on the hospital bed.

Melody sat down, letting her feet touch the floor and Pan got out the phone Emma had given him. He wasn't too sure how to use it but he managed to get a hold of Regina.

"Hello?" Regina answered.

"Regina. Do you mind coming down to the hospital? Melody needs some help cleaning up in the bathroom," Pan said calmly.